TSSAA should suspend Daniel Boone from all Post Season play.

CyclonePrider

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I know it's just speculation but since the Boone and Betsy game brings a good crowed thats a lot of money missing out to the host team. Mo-East shouldn't even had to be factored in to any decision since they had an away game and could have easily canceled a JV game today. (Varsity should take precedence over a JV game no matter who shares the field).  I hate we didn't finish the DB and Alcoa Game as a Greeneville fan and now missing out on a game against Morristown West, a team that was a rival in the old IMAC when i played.

Yep, you guys have played West 46 times.

On 9/10/2023 at 7:03 AM, CyclonePrider said:

Daniel Boone purposely change their game to the Thursday night before The Elizabethton Game to avoid playing Elizabethton. The Game was to be televised live and now leaves Elizabethton with just 3 home games. Just because coaches had vacation planes and didn't want to play on Saturday of Sunday or even Monday like every team in the state did. A couple of years ago Unaka High had injuries to the point that they couldn't play a playoff game and TSSAA threatened to suspend Unaka in post season in all sports. Same should be done to Daniel Boone.

What a joke- I can assure you none of the players were consulted about when to make up the game. I know my son is mad and frustrated the Elizabethton game isn’t happening. 
You want to fine the school for lost revenue- go ahead. But why on Earth would you suggest penalizing the players when they had nothing to do with this? 
You don’t think we’re mad we are losing a televised game? We are also one less game to get more stats, one less game to get more film for coaches. 

By the way- love how everyone hides behind their screen names here so they can say things they wouldn’t say otherwise. Most haven’t even had a dog in the fight for 20 years.
My son currently plays for Boone- he ain’t afraid of those Betsy boys.  

16 minutes ago, BystanderMom said:

What a joke- I can assure you none of the players were consulted about when to make up the game. I know my son is mad and frustrated the Elizabethton game isn’t happening. 
You want to fine the school for lost revenue- go ahead. But why on Earth would you suggest penalizing the players when they had nothing to do with this? 
You don’t think we’re mad we are losing a televised game? We are also one less game to get more stats, one less game to get more film for coaches. 

By the way- love how everyone hides behind their screen names here so they can say things they wouldn’t say otherwise. Most haven’t even had a dog in the fight for 20 years.
My son currently plays for Boone- he ain’t afraid of those Betsy boys.  

Preach it sister!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pressboxhero1979 said:

Just saw where Greeneville will play Morristown west on Tuesday.

Yes- that is Mo. West's bye week so they agreed to add it without having to play again on Friday. Greeneville does play Volunteer on that Friday- but that isn't going to be a difficult game. Glad it worked out for them to get the game in.  That will be tough for Mo West to prepare for Greeneville only having Th-Monday to practice.  I agree it wasn't fair to either Elizabethton or Greeneville for their games to be cancelled but can't control weather. Penalizing a team sets a dangerous precedent come basketball season when weather cancellations are commonplace. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 12:07 PM, formerblazer said:

I agree, other teams rescheduled so it shouldn’t be that hard.

you can feel that way but it isn’t going to happen.  I’m betting next year both Boone and West will be going to Greeneville and Elizabethton for home games for both.

TSSAA isn’t going to suspend two teams that had to work out a schedule so they could make up a conference game.  It’s done, it’s over.

That's actually a good idea to change next's year's game to be home again for Elizabethton vs Boone. Won't help this year, but will make up for that lost revenue that Elizabethton missed out on this year. 

20 hours ago, CyclonePrider said:

The coaches at Boone could not be bothered to give up their weekend planes to play a football game. Both games were home games for Elizabethton and Greeneville our Band makes $30 to $40K a game in concessions that's the only revenue for 300 kids playing in our band Program. Where is that money from their program going to come from? Season ticket holders now only have 3 games to watch. Banner sponsons only have 3 games who would pay $2000 a year for 3 regular season games. Both teams should be made to forfeit their games and play the games they contracted to play. Conference or no conference. They both can take a loss. TSSAA should make a rule that teams that have weather delays have 3 days to make it up without interfering with other contracted games or if other open dates allow play them then. This takes thousands of dollars out of Greeneville and Elizabethton Athletic programs that affect other sports that rely on that money. Maybe now other programs will have to be cut like Girls' Wrestling or volleyball, softball, No it's because 2 boneheaded coaches could not miss their NFL home ticket and play their football game.

If they are making 30-40K in concessions a game and struggle, it seems there is a money management issues and not a Boone issue. If you're entitled to a game because you're a season ticket holder than you understand the value of weekend plans. Seems per the article Morristown West couldn't do Saturday (Boone could) and Boone couldn't do Sunday.   

16 hours ago, Jduggie said:

How do you think Elizabethton fans feel $65 dollars for 4 games for season tickets. Well now 65 dollars for 3 games 

Seems they need to take it out on the Head Coach and AD who couldn't get more games at home. 3 homes games and 7 away games....4 straight away games to start the season is an issue. Week 8 is the first home game now, heck I'm mad for you. 

16 hours ago, Swipes said:

I don’t think they were afraid to play those teams but I do think they weren’t in a hurry to make up the game on Saturday, Sunday, or today because they were looking at a loss this week for both teams.

I do hope that there is something in the contracts they signed with each teams that had a payout for canceling the game.  If not this is going to be a good learning lesson for whoever draws up game contracts to have a hefty payment of a team cancel in the future like they do in College game contracts

pretty sure it's usually $500 bucks is what my coach told me once.