TSSAA should suspend Daniel Boone from all Post Season play.

CyclonePrider

TSSAA won’t care because this doesn’t affect their pocket. I do find it hard to believe that West and Boone couldn’t find a period to make the game up between Saturday and Monday. Nothing EHS and Greenville can do unfortunately, but as I said in the other thread. Those teams wouldn’t be on the schedule again. Cyclones and Devils both travel well, I’d make sure neither team is getting any gate money from my fans in the future. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, creekerballer said:

TSSAA won’t care because this doesn’t affect their pocket. I do find it hard to believe that West and Boone couldn’t find a period to make the game up between Saturday and Monday. Nothing EHS and Greenville can do unfortunately, but as I said in the other thread. Those teams wouldn’t be on the schedule again. Cyclones and Devils both travel well, I’d make sure neither team is getting any gate money from my fans in the future. 

You are correct Creeker. Once I settled my mind down I realized this situation takes place all the time in late January and February in Basketball. It’s a TSSAA expectation to replace an outside District game with a District game if the District game has been snowed or iced out. No penalty, no questions asked. It has imposed a major dent in revenue for GHS and EHS athletic budgets. No forfeits just cancellations.

7 hours ago, CyclonePrider said:

Daniel Boone purposely change their game to the Thursday night before The Elizabethton Game to avoid playing Elizabethton. The Game was to be televised live and now leaves Elizabethton with just 3 home games. Just because coaches had vacation planes and didn't want to play on Saturday of Sunday or even Monday like every team in the state did. A couple of years ago Unaka High had injuries to the point that they couldn't play a playoff game and TSSAA threatened to suspend Unaka in post season in all sports. Same should be done to Daniel Boone.

Now do Alcoa vs Greeneville no contest…:lol:

• Like 2

I'm a bit confused... since 1975 Morristown West has played Greeneville 46 times.     Since 1972 Boone has played Elizabethton 37 times.    Boone knows that every year the Elizabethton game will be a loss but we keep scheduling them anyway, year after year after year....     So in what universe are we to believe that Mo West & Boone are afraid to play these opponents?      I was under the impression that the prevailing thought here is that playing tougher opponents helped make your team better and got you more conditioned for the playoffs, so are we now saying that you should not play teams you are afraid of, instead play only cupcakes?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, CyclonePrider said:

Daniel Boone purposely change their game to the Thursday night before The Elizabethton Game to avoid playing Elizabethton. The Game was to be televised live and now leaves Elizabethton with just 3 home games. Just because coaches had vacation planes and didn't want to play on Saturday of Sunday or even Monday like every team in the state did. A couple of years ago Unaka High had injuries to the point that they couldn't play a playoff game and TSSAA threatened to suspend Unaka in post season in all sports. Same should be done to Daniel Boone.

Keyword "playoff game"And a totally different set of circumstances in that situation. If you haven't figured out how the T$$AA operates by now than you might need to do a little more digging. They could care less if a regular season game gets made up or not. Just conference and playoff games.

Edited by pressboxhero1979