TSSAA should suspend Daniel Boone from all Post Season play.

CyclonePrider

9 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Will Greenville make up games with D-B and Alcoa?

Those games didn't cost thousands of dollars to other teams programs. Both got ticket sales and concessions though it may have been less. Boone and MW signed contracts to play those games. They default they need to reimburse Greeneville and Elizabethton. There is no excuse for them not to play Saturday or Sunday...NONE.

59 minutes ago, CyclonePrider said:

Those games didn't cost thousands of dollars to other teams programs. Both got ticket sales and concessions though it may have been less. Boone and MW signed contracts to play those games. They default they need to reimburse Greeneville and Elizabethton. There is no excuse for them not to play Saturday or Sunday...NONE.

deep breaths...

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2023 at 7:03 AM, CyclonePrider said:

Daniel Boone purposely change their game to the Thursday night before The Elizabethton Game to avoid playing Elizabethton. The Game was to be televised live and now leaves Elizabethton with just 3 home games. Just because coaches had vacation planes and didn't want to play on Saturday of Sunday or even Monday like every team in the state did. A couple of years ago Unaka High had injuries to the point that they couldn't play a playoff game and TSSAA threatened to suspend Unaka in post season in all sports. Same should be done to Daniel Boone.

Actually that was a B.S. excuse.Unaka didn't want to get blown out by Greenback & forfeited the playoff game & got a 2 year playoff ban 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CyclonePrider said:

Based upon all this any team not playing their game should be suspended from the playoffs that year.See Go Fan got mad but i got my $$$$ refunded on my ticket.It was considered a no game so my bank boss refunded me

Edited by highschoolfbfan777

6 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

You're right.... on one hand I totally get how Elizabethton only had 4 home games to begin with, but these clowns who think Boone & Mo-West are afraid to play a game, that's just beyond rationality.

I don’t think they were afraid to play those teams but I do think they weren’t in a hurry to make up the game on Saturday, Sunday, or today because they were looking at a loss this week for both teams.

I do hope that there is something in the contracts they signed with each teams that had a payout for canceling the game.  If not this is going to be a good learning lesson for whoever draws up game contracts to have a hefty payment of a team cancel in the future like they do in College game contracts

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I don’t think they were afraid to play those teams but I do think they weren’t in a hurry to make up the game on Saturday, Sunday, or today because they were looking at a loss this week for both teams.

I do hope that there is something in the contracts they signed with each teams that had a payout for canceling the game.  If not this is going to be a good learning lesson for whoever draws up game contracts to have a hefty payment of a team cancel in the future like they do in College game contracts

That's not a bad idea about the contracts for games.     However you have to remember that Boone ALWAYS expects a loss to Elizabethton, not just this week, it's a throwaway game that is supposed to help us be a better playoff team.     I'm sure that's why Elizabethton keeps getting scheduled year after year after year.   Our record is 3-34 against Elizabethton and there is nothing to indicate that is ever going to change in the foreseeable future, but it's generally a competitive game, brings a good crowd and is a lot of fun.

2 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

That's not a bad idea about the contracts for games.     However you have to remember that Boone ALWAYS expects a loss to Elizabethton, not just this week, it's a throwaway game that is supposed to help us be a better playoff team.     I'm sure that's why Elizabethton keeps getting scheduled year after year after year.   Our record is 3-34 against Elizabethton and there is nothing to indicate that is ever going to change in the foreseeable future, but it's generally a competitive game, brings a good crowd and is a lot of fun.

I completely get it.  Question for you, do you think Boone would have pushed harder to get the game played Saturday, Sunday, or today if it was going to be a home game for Boone against Betsy?  

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I completely get it.  Question for you, do you think Boone would have pushed harder to get the game played Saturday, Sunday, or today if it was going to be a home game for Boone against Betsy?  

I would hope that wouldn't be the case but I have no idea for sure.   I'm really hoping our coaching staff & administration pushed through every obstacle to get the game played early and still keep the Elizabethton game.     We have to remember that Mo-West shares their field with Mo-East, although Saturday/Sunday that would not be a problem.      To be honest I am very disappointed that the Eliz game is not happening because it's one less game to get to attend regardless of the outcome.

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

I would hope that wouldn't be the case but I have no idea for sure.   I'm really hoping our coaching staff & administration pushed through every obstacle to get the game played early and still keep the Elizabethton game.     We have to remember that Mo-West shares their field with Mo-East, although Saturday/Sunday that would not be a problem.      To be honest I am very disappointed that the Eliz game is not happening because it's one less game to get to attend regardless of the outcome.

I know it's just speculation but since the Boone and Betsy game brings a good crowed thats a lot of money missing out to the host team. Mo-East shouldn't even had to be factored in to any decision since they had an away game and could have easily canceled a JV game today. (Varsity should take precedence over a JV game no matter who shares the field).  I hate we didn't finish the DB and Alcoa Game as a Greeneville fan and now missing out on a game against Morristown West, a team that was a rival in the old IMAC when i played.