TSSAA should suspend Daniel Boone from all Post Season play.

CyclonePrider

Daniel Boone purposely change their game to the Thursday night before The Elizabethton Game to avoid playing Elizabethton. The Game was to be televised live and now leaves Elizabethton with just 3 home games. Just because coaches had vacation planes and didn't want to play on Saturday of Sunday or even Monday like every team in the state did. A couple of years ago Unaka High had injuries to the point that they couldn't play a playoff game and TSSAA threatened to suspend Unaka in post season in all sports. Same should be done to Daniel Boone.

Edited by CyclonePrider
Sp

• CyclonePrider changed the title to TSSAA should suspend Daniel Boone from all Post Season play.
1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

So Morristown West (the home team) had nothing to do with the decision to play on Thursday, it was 100% Boone?    I have no inside info into Boone so just asking.    But not looking for opinions, are there any facts that can be empirically authenticated about this?

You are right seeing Mo West was to play Greeneville and Elizabethton had already stomped Mo West. Both teams sought to Avoid losing to two smaller 4A schools. Both should be suspended...it's not right for the seniors to have games taken away because Teams are afraid  to play them. What good is TSSAA they need new leadership in allowing this. 

Edited by CyclonePrider
Sp

1 hour ago, CyclonePrider said:

You are right seeing Mo West was to play Greeneville and Elizabethton had already stomped Mo West. Both teams sought to Avoid losing to two smaller 4A schools. Both should be suspended...it's not right for the seniors to have games taken away because Teams are afraid  to play them. What good is TSSAA they need new leadership in allowing this. 

I’d have liked to see all games played and no weather problems, but let’s get this straight.  The TSSAA cares about absolutely nothing aside from conference and playoff games being played, particularly playoff games.  If this was a playoff game the TSSAA would do something.  It isn’t.  Calling for a suspension or the TSSAA doing something is moot.  Morristown West was the Home team who had a lot more say so on the game, you need to look to them.  Conference completely overrides pick up games the way everything is set up.

again, I wanted the schedule to work out and to see all games played, but it has been the weirdest year with schedules and games aside from 2020 that I can remember.

9 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

I’d have liked to see all games played and no weather problems, but let’s get this straight.  The TSSAA cares about absolutely nothing aside from conference and playoff games being played, particularly playoff games.  If this was a playoff game the TSSAA would do something.  It isn’t.  Calling for a suspension or the TSSAA doing something is moot.  Morristown West was the Home team who had a lot more say so on the game, you need to look to them.  Conference completely overrides pick up games the way everything is set up.

again, I wanted the schedule to work out and to see all games played, but it has been the weirdest year with schedules and games aside from 2020 that I can remember.

Nothing will happen to either because Morristown West has an ace in the hole with the TSSAA.  Greeneville and Elizabethton should raise as much stink as possible!

9 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

They could  have played Saturday, Sunday, Monday like everyone else. They wanted to stick it to Elizabethton after the Fight in Morristown and avoid a butt whipping by Greeneville. And Daniel Boone by Elizabethton. Both teams should be suspended.

20 minutes ago, CyclonePrider said:

They could  have played Saturday, Sunday, Monday like everyone else. They wanted to stick it to Elizabethton after the Fight in Morristown and avoid a butt whipping by Greeneville. And Daniel Boone by Elizabethton. Both teams should be suspended.

I agree, other teams rescheduled so it shouldn’t be that hard.

you can feel that way but it isn’t going to happen.  I’m betting next year both Boone and West will be going to Greeneville and Elizabethton for home games for both.

TSSAA isn’t going to suspend two teams that had to work out a schedule so they could make up a conference game.  It’s done, it’s over.

5 hours ago, CyclonePrider said:

Daniel Boone purposely change their game to the Thursday night before The Elizabethton Game to avoid playing Elizabethton. The Game was to be televised live and now leaves Elizabethton with just 3 home games. Just because coaches had vacation planes and didn't want to play on Saturday of Sunday or even Monday like every team in the state did. A couple of years ago Unaka High had injuries to the point that they couldn't play a playoff game and TSSAA threatened to suspend Unaka in post season in all sports. Same should be done to Daniel Boone.

They didn’t change it on purpose. Mo West was the home team and they have to share a stadium. With All other sports for them and east. Plus all the MS events as well. You have to take that into account. It was probably booked every day. Besides Thursday and Boone did not want to play on Sunday. 

2 hours ago, CyclonePrider said:

100% agree

43 minutes ago, Will522 said:

They didn’t change it on purpose. Mo West was the home team and they have to share a stadium. With All other sports for them and east. Plus all the MS events as well. You have to take that into account. It was probably booked every day. Besides Thursday and Boone did not want to play on Sunday. 

Tough crap. I write this as I’m on my way back to Cherokee for our Sunday game. And I’m happy to do it. I know people who had weekend plans who immediately canceled those plans. Those 5A schools are nothing but cowards. Live with it. You don’t deserve to even be on the field with these two programs. History proves it. If it wasn’t so hard to find teams willing to play us, I’d say Elizabethton should drop Boone and find another game. Anyone in Virginia need a game?!

8 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Tough crap. I write this as I’m on my way back to Cherokee for our Sunday game. And I’m happy to do it. I know people who had weekend plans who immediately canceled those plans. Those 5A schools are nothing but cowards. Live with it. You don’t deserve to even be on the field with these two programs. History proves it. If it wasn’t so hard to find teams willing to play us, I’d say Elizabethton should drop Boone and find another game. Anyone in Virginia need a game?!

Alcoa likely does. 

• Upvote 1