TSSAA should suspend Daniel Boone from all Post Season play.

CyclonePrider

One can go on line and find both GHS and Betsy seat around 4200 bottoms. 800 to 1000 plus seats are already sold as reserved that money is in the bank. 400 plus seats are taken by the bands of the 2 schools. 
various schools have different policies for allowing staff and family in. Students are charged traditionally 1/2 price unless schools charge for a student activity fee. Again money already collected.

Host schools must pay for many expenses. Referees, gate keepers, security, pre and post games food for officials and press box (at least in my 16 year time as GHS game administrator). Maintenance before and after the game. The power board told me 30 years ago, that every time we turned the stadium lights on it cost 300 dollars.

on another note you have wonderful community support for the afore mentioned 2 teams. Potentially 2000 fans will pay 8 dollars a head to watch the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

I'd be okay if someone shut your lying account down.  You keep avoiding actual facts and spewing lies.  The home team cancelled the game rather than playing late.  The reschedule date is supposed to be predetermined.  (it obviously wasn't).  Those are both things Elizabethton is responsible for. 

So, well then, let's play Monday or Tuesday like Mo West and Greeneville... it's the Daniel Boone Coach's who can't miss their tiddlywink contest they have to watch. Instead of playing their football game.

https://www.elizabethton.com/2023/09/12/weather-havoc-tssaa-needs-to-address-scheduling-issues-with-weather-postponed-games/?fbclid=IwAR3bodTlTvQgFYw0-VaqM1smxD6ATTNAvVnv4eKKH1MSMsRiERxRN7KlAwQ

Edited by CyclonePrider
Sp

9 minutes ago, CyclonePrider said:

So, well then, let's play Monday or Tuesday like Mo West and Greeneville... it's the Daniel Boone Coach's who can't miss their tiddlywink contest they have to watch. Instead of playing their football game.

The reschedule date is supposed to be predetermined and part of the contract.  It obvoiously wasn't.  That's Elizebethton's responsibility too.  You keep expressing your frustration at Boone, but the reality is, it was your own administration that has failed you here.

11 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

One can go on line and find both GHS and Betsy seat around 4200 bottoms. 800 to 1000 plus seats are already sold as reserved that money is in the bank. 400 plus seats are taken by the bands of the 2 schools. 
various schools have different policies for allowing staff and family in. Students are charged traditionally 1/2 price unless schools charge for a student activity fee. Again money already collected.

Host schools must pay for many expenses. Referees, gate keepers, security, pre and post games food for officials and press box (at least in my 16 year time as GHS game administrator). Maintenance before and after the game. The power board told me 30 years ago, that every time we turned the stadium lights on it cost 300 dollars.

on another note you have wonderful community support for the afore mentioned 2 teams. Potentially 2000 fans will pay 8 dollars a head to watch the game.

Actually there is a 10 year waiting list for Cyclone Season Tickets and they just added another 1000 seats to Citizens Bank Stadium.

3 hours ago, formerblazer said:

Some of these local teams are going to start running into what Alcoa is dealing with this year.  I think one of their pick up games is a team from New York.  That's crazy, but it shows you that local teams are getting to the point where they just simply can not even compete with these programs.  I think for a stint of 5-6 years the only teams in our area that were beating Elizabethton and Greeneville were Elizabethton and Greeneville. That's 1A all the way up to 6A.  So the teams that step up are trying to make sure they keep having incredible competition or it's just a big money gate.  There is nothing else to it.  In the case of Alcoa, I think next go around they are going to have to look at where they get more games from their conference: 3A or 4A.  Betsy and Greeneville are in a pretty good place right now with having at least 6 games taken care of, but those last 4 aren't always going to work, as we saw from Betsy the last two years when they only had 9 games on the schedule.  I don't have a good answer for that.  Seems like they get their 6 conference games, they talk SH and DB into playing a game, then after that they need to find 2 teams that want another loss on their schedule.  Off to Knoxville they go looking for games.

Alcoa is moving to 4A soon. Hope the regional 4A teams do not run to 5A...............

19 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

The reschedule date is supposed to be predetermined and part of the contract.  It obvoiously wasn't.  That's Elizebethton's responsibility too.  You keep expressing your frustration at Boone, but the reality is, it was your own administration that has failed you here.

You really don't know what you are talking about. Here is the official TSSAA  contract. It says can only be canceled by mutual agreement. Elizabethton did not Agree. Daniel Boone is even refusing to pay the $5000 agreed forfit amount. Each contract is for 2 years one home game and one away. BOONE COACHS MADE THIS DECISION100% ON THEIR OWN.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:70c51cad-18af-309a-bdf3-ff2d7a93dbbe

TENNESSEE SECONDARY SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION Official Contract for Athletic Contests This CONTRACT is made and subscribed by the Principals of the 1. The rules of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association are a part of this contract. 2. Only officials registered with TSSAA shall be used if the game is played in Tennessee. Names of the officials shall be submitted to the visiting school for approval at least five days before the date of the contest. The home team shall be the judge of weather conditions. In case of rain, the game will be played on: 3. The school failing to carry out the provisions of this contract shall pay the other a forfeit of $ dollars, unless this contract is altered or cancelled by mutual agreement of the contracting schools or by the TSSAA Board of Control. 4. This contract shall be automatically cancelled if either school is suspended from membership in TSSAA, or if either school proposes to use a player declared ineligible by TSSAA but for whom an individual or group of individuals has instituted litigation seeking to have the courts set aside the ruling of the association. Otherwise, this contract cannot be cancelled except by mutual agreement or by authority of the TSSAA Board of Control. CON-01

Edited by CyclonePrider

3 minutes ago, CyclonePrider said:

You really don't know what you are talking about. Here is the official TSSAA  contract. It says can be mutual agreement. Elizabethton did not Agree.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:70c51cad-18af-309a-bdf3-ff2d7a93dbbe

TENNESSEE SECONDARY SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION Official Contract for Athletic Contests This CONTRACT is made and subscribed by the Principals of the 1. The rules of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association are a part of this contract. 2. Only officials registered with TSSAA shall be used if the game is played in Tennessee. Names of the officials shall be submitted to the visiting school for approval at least five days before the date of the contest. The home team shall be the judge of weather conditions. In case of rain, the game will be played on: 3. The school failing to carry out the provisions of this contract shall pay the other a forfeit of $ dollars, unless this contract is altered or cancelled by mutual agreement of the contracting schools or by the TSSAA Board of Control. 4. This contract shall be automatically cancelled if either school is suspended from membership in TSSAA, or if either school proposes to use a player declared ineligible by TSSAA but for whom an individual or group of individuals has instituted litigation seeking to have the courts set aside the ruling of the association. Otherwise, this contract cannot be cancelled except by mutual agreement or by authority of the TSSAA Board of Control. CON-01

haha what do you think you're showing me here that I haven't already covered?

20 minutes ago, CyclonePrider said:

You really don't know what you are talking about. Here is the official TSSAA  contract. It says can only be canceled by mutual agreement. Elizabethton did not Agree. Daniel Boone is even refusing to pay the $5000 agreed forfit amount. Each contract is for 2 years one home game and one away. BOONE COACHS MADE THIS DECISION100% ON THEIR OWN.

Your not the brightest bulb in the lamp now are ya ?