DB vs Asheville (NC) ?

DBKPT93

I hear a lot about Mount Airy.  On one of my trips down to Duke this season, I am going to try to go down a day early and catch Mount Airy on a Friday night.  Hear they have at least 8 D1 prospects.

1 hour ago, scott12 said:

Asheville is down this season, probably average 4a in NC.  I have live in east Tennessee for last 5 years, football in NC is lot stronger then Tennessee.  Probably biggest reason is demographics.

43 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

I hear a lot about Mount Airy.  On one of my trips down to Duke this season, I am going to try to go down a day early and catch Mount Airy on a Friday night.  Hear they have at least 8 D1 prospects.

Mount Airy is good this year. Won states last year in 1a. 2 kids committed to Virginia Tech. Them and Tarboro will meet in the 1a state championship game. Asheville had a former player make the Panthers practice squad as a undrafted free agent. Eku Leota started out at Northwestern but transferred to Auburn when he was in college.

4 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I see what you did there.  If true, is the kid not playing well?  The other guy just better?  Or is this a result of the politics within the good ole boy network.  I have a good friend DB fan that believes it may be the latter.  

There backup quarterback is a Betsy transfer.