Admirals VS Dogs

Dawgz4life

10 hours ago, HTV said:

Good win, considering the offensive starters out for .Bearden. 

haha Farragut lost their starting rb in the first quarter.  but sure, injuries were a bearden problem.  You ain't what i'd call objective.  

As far as the game goes, i was suprised farragut threw it so little.  i thought that was their strength and bearden's weakness.

6 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

haha Farragut lost their starting rb in the first quarter.  but sure, injuries were a bearden problem.  You ain't what i'd call objective.  

As far as the game goes, i was suprised farragut threw it so little.  i thought that was their strength and bearden's weakness.

Duncan's two INT's were throw them up, much like the first two wins.... throw it deep and hopefully Landis is somewhere around to get free and catch it. Offense changed once #3 went out. 

25 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

Bearden's starting rb was out, and he is a power 5 signee.  No excuses about injuries from my Ads.  I definitely was disappointed our coach was on the field to get that penalty and that our offense was so anemic.  I definitely thought we would be able to throw the ball better.  You would think we would have been able to stop the dogs a little more considering they ran the same 2 plays most of the game.  Both teams have a lot of work to do if they want some region wins the rest of the season

19 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Duncan's two INT's were throw them up, much like the first two wins.... throw it deep and hopefully Landis is somewhere around to get free and catch it. Offense changed once #3 went out. 

yeah, but i thought part of that was the specific plays were pretty big chunk play attempts.  I figured some shorter controlled stuff might have been the way to go.  Farragut has some great athletes on the edge there that went largely unutilized.

2 minutes ago, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

Bearden's starting rb was out, and he is a power 5 signee.  No excuses about injuries from my Ads.  I definitely was disappointed our coach was on the field to get that penalty and that our offense was so anemic.  I definitely thought we would be able to throw the ball better.  You would think we would have been able to stop the dogs a little more considering they ran the same 2 plays most of the game.  Both teams have a lot of work to do if they want some region wins the rest of the season

any team loses their starting RB, it's a loss worth mentioning but i agree it's not why farragut lost.

20 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

yeah, but i thought part of that was the specific plays were pretty big chunk play attempts.  I figured some shorter controlled stuff might have been the way to go.  Farragut has some great athletes on the edge there that went largely unutilized.

That's what helped them with Powell in the second half, swing passes to RB or Landis. 

Bearden dominated the game more than the score showed. Farragut scored on a lucky block and the first drive of the game was propelled by a 4th down fake punt. Obviously they still had to get in the zone on the drive of the fake punt, but that was a big momentum swing early in the game. There is something to be said about a team just running the ball over and over and being able to win. Bearden was missing a RB & LT but knew it going into the week so they were able to prepare more for it than Farragut was when they lost their RB in game. 7 for Farragut looked great on D. He is a player. Wouldn't shock me if he doesn't get reps at RB if they are trying to get in the playoffs. After watching this game I don't think the Bearden vs Bradley game will be close. Bradley will be able to stop the run enough and can throw the ball when needed.