Admirals VS Dogs

Dawgz4life

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Glad you brought that up. I know where I stand on that one  :)

It was interesting question for sure. A good QB can make the play caller look better than they are. Potts extended plays with freelance when things broke down... you can coach that, but alot of QB's like Potts just make that happen. Neither Powell or Bearden have that. 

46 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

It was interesting question for sure. A good QB can make the play caller look better than they are. Potts extended plays with freelance when things broke down... you can coach that, but alot of QB's like Potts just make that happen. Neither Powell or Bearden have that. 

He reminded me a lot of Todd Helton when he was at Central. I watched OR play them 3 times when he was at Central-our guys are still trying to sack him. Both elusive as could be.

15 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

He reminded me a lot of Todd Helton when he was at Central. I watched OR play them 3 times when he was at Central-our guys are still trying to sack him. Both elusive as could be.

I can see that....Todd was elusive and from memory faster than people probably give him credit for. I remember his SR year playing Powell in the jamboree and took a read, pulled it and was gone around the end. Powell was loaded that year too and he made it look easy. 

7 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I can see that....Todd was elusive and from memory faster than people probably give him credit for. I remember his SR year playing Powell in the jamboree and took a read, pulled it and was gone around the end. Powell was loaded that year too and he made it look easy. 

Oh yeah. And a lot of people don’t realize but he was every bit as good at Safety as he was as a QB. One of the best HS talents I’ve ever seen in my 44 years.

8 hours ago, SweetScience said:

That's funny. I can still see Gene Davis grasping at air cause Helton wasn't there anymore. That kid from CHS is like that, not as good a passer as Todd.

On 9/22/2023 at 2:07 PM, JohnnyUtah said:

I had no idea you could coach freelance. I  thought that's what coaches coached against or tried to prevent players from freelancing. But what do l know, coaching has changed so much.

6 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

I had no idea you could coach freelance. I  thought that's what coaches coached against or tried to prevent players from freelancing. But what do l know, coaching has changed so much.

A play breaks down and everyone scrambles... you can call it what you want. But you're freelancing when it turns into backyard football.