Loretto is back!!!

Pizzpatriot2

18 minutes ago, JoeKane13 said:

Who knows, playoffs w R6 will be the tell all. But instead of giving R6 credit for being good you can just bash how weak R5 is if they clean house or go 3-1 in the first round as predicted. Too bad Page isn’t hanging out in this weak district with Lewis anymore… They would have to sit at home as the 5 seed in this weak Region 5 and watch em all go down or at least Lewis in Round 1. Ohhh, lemme guess, they will be looking to go back to the State Championship for the 3rd year in a row….. No credit to Williamson Co for being one of the largest growing cities in the nation. I’m sure that has nothing to do with the high in-fluctuation of athletes from the growth of Travel sports in that area also… 

Including the Covid year, we have had excellent seasons four out of the past five seasons including this one. Try to devalue us all you want but you can’t take away us making it to and playing in the past two 5A state championship games.

Now, I don’t know the odds but there may be a chance to reclaim the paper champion’s title Friday. Good luck!

51 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

He’s clearly bashing the OBC , not so much the kids

He wishes Milan was playing Page in the first round 

2 things. First he talks about the football team and kids play on the football team. Second, his team would be eliminated in rd 1. He likes to poke fun at Lewis but if you take away the last couple of years Page is historically one of the worst teams in TN High School Football. 

• Upvote 1

Loretto has faced four teams with winning records and, has won all four plus five others. They face another quality team Friday night.

For comparison, Hohenwald has only faced two teams with winning records and is 50/50 against those two. Have to add inthat they also scheduled and played a team (PURE Academy) that has only three-four wins in their entire history.

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

2 things. First he talks about the football team and kids play on the football team. Second, his team would be eliminated in rd 1. He likes to poke fun at Lewis but if you take away the last couple of years Page is historically one of the worst teams in TN High School Football. 

This is an exemplary example of the pot calling the kettle black. You act like paper tigers from Milan have accomplished a great deal but neglect the fact that Milan jumps classification to fray away from competition. If not for Covid, Milan hasn’t done much in forever!

25 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Including the Covid year, we have had excellent seasons four out of the past five seasons including this one. Try to devalue us all you want but you can’t take away us making it to and playing in the past two 5A state championship games.

Now, I don’t know the odds but there may be a chance to reclaim the paper champion’s title Friday. Good luck!

Call it what you want. You devalue Lewis and all of a sudden Milan… I guess that Growth of Williamson County hasn’t helped at all considering the last 4-5 years you talk about…. No one here in Lewis claims to be unbeatable. What is asked of these kids is to go out and compete night in and night out each Friday in the fall as we teach our kids to compete every day in life. It is probably once every 8-12 years these kids have a chance to compete for a State Title realistically. You unrealistically think a small town like Lewis county can consistently produce athletes to do this year in and year out as some of these schools like Page, TS, Indy, Summit, Brentwood, BA, etc do… These small towns can’t just load up a team in any given sport that happens to all play on the same AAU, Travel Baseball, whatever, and just call their buddies up who knows the head coach at the other HS and load up your High School team. And don’t act like it’s not happening there. My kids have played up there with some of those teams/organizations and the recruiting through the travel programs is real there. So Congratulations on your Runner up Paper-Recruiting silver trophies. Your the real hero on here. 

41 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

This is an exemplary example of the pot calling the kettle black. You act like paper tigers from Milan have accomplished a great deal but neglect the fact that Milan jumps classification to fray away from competition. If not for Covid, Milan hasn’t done much in forever!

Yes Milan changed classifications. What proof do you have that they did it to supposedly dodge competition?  Not you opinion but actual proof. I can say something 100 times but that doesn’t make it true. I’m looking forward to your proof. 

31 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes Milan changed classifications. What proof do you have that they did it to supposedly dodge competition?  Not you opinion but actual proof. I can say something 100 times but that doesn’t make it true. I’m looking forward to your proof. 

It’s called deductive reasoning. 

#papertigers

1 hour ago, JoeKane13 said:

Call it what you want. You devalue Lewis and all of a sudden Milan… I guess that Growth of Williamson County hasn’t helped at all considering the last 4-5 years you talk about…. No one here in Lewis claims to be unbeatable. What is asked of these kids is to go out and compete night in and night out each Friday in the fall as we teach our kids to compete every day in life. It is probably once every 8-12 years these kids have a chance to compete for a State Title realistically. You unrealistically think a small town like Lewis county can consistently produce athletes to do this year in and year out as some of these schools like Page, TS, Indy, Summit, Brentwood, BA, etc do… These small towns can’t just load up a team in any given sport that happens to all play on the same AAU, Travel Baseball, whatever, and just call their buddies up who knows the head coach at the other HS and load up your High School team. And don’t act like it’s not happening there. My kids have played up there with some of those teams/organizations and the recruiting through the travel programs is real there. So Congratulations on your Runner up Paper-Recruiting silver trophies. Your the real hero on here. 

I don’t devalue Hohenwald. That program has consistently done that on its own. All I have done is call out the extremely weak scheduling year after year for decades.

Whatever the population density is here correlates to absolutely nothing with Hohenwalds consistent weak schedules including weak regions also dating back decades. So, don’t try to flip my argument pertaining to those intentionally weak schedules year after year into excuses of why we make it to state championship games and Hohenwald not only does not but seldom if ever makes it past the second round.

As for Milan, your boy BPM decided to bring attention to them by voluntarily jumping in and coming not only after me but my schools, Page, football program. Now we have the paper champions and the paper tigers! Lol

Edited by Pizzpatriot2

3 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I don’t devalue Hohenwald. That program has consistently done that on its own. All I have done is call out the extremely weak scheduling year after year for decades.

Whatever the population density is here correlates to absolutely nothing with Hohenwalds consistent weak schedules including weak regions also dating back decades. So, don’t try to flip my argument pertaining to those intentionally weak schedules year after year into excuses of why we make it to state championship games and Hohenwald not only does not but seldom if ever makes it past the second round.

As for Milan, your boy BPM decided to bring attention to them by voluntarily jumping in and coming not only after me but my schools, Page, football program. Now we have the paper champions and the paper tigers! Lol

And don’t forget the Paper Runner Ups. 
Id say no one on this site has anything to do with the scheduling of Games here. I agree that tougher scheduling should be done to improve toughness and preparation. But with a low income county and school system. We can’t just make the trip to Alcoa, Oakland, Etc… or whoever else you think LC should Schedule. Of LCs 3 non district games. Community is just plain bad. Creekwood is Very athletic, but wasn’t very good either but a 4A team. And then Pure youth below. The other 7 games are Region games. And I highly doubt as you have claimed before, LC got to choose what district they wanted to go to. No Ex coach and no TSSAA board members for you to blame. 

You brought up Pure Youth and downed LC playing them. here is what I found from their schedule of the Tennessee teams. They were no slouch opponent, the most athletic team I’ve seen LC play in recent memory and their record doesn’t show if that’s all you looked at. 

Pure Academy 

Vs Haywood L 21-28. 

Haywood is 7-2. Losses to Oakland and Hardin County. Currently Ranked 8th in 4A.

Vs Cookville L 21-18

Cookeville is 6-3. Losses to Mt. Juliet, Lebanon and Stone Memorial. Currently Not ranked in 6A.

Vs Pearl Cohn L 41-14. 

Pearl Cohn is 9-0 and Ranked #1 in 4A

Vs Hardin County L 21-14

Hardin Co is 9-0 and Ranked #4 in 4A

Vs Blackman L 35-12. 

Blackman is 3-6, not ranked, only losing team and in arguably the toughest region in the State. 

Vs Lewis Co. L 44-26

LC is 8-1. Ranked 10th in 2A and lost to Loretto.

Vs Crockett County W 54-47.

CC is 5-4. Not ranked and losses to Huntingdon, Haywood and Dyer Co. 

Vs Walker Valley L 21-8

WV is 7-2 not Ranked in 5A. With Losses to Bradley Central(#1 in 6A) and East Hamilton

12 minutes ago, JoeKane13 said:

And don’t forget the Paper Runner Ups. 
Id say no one on this site has anything to do with the scheduling of Games here. I agree that tougher scheduling should be done to improve toughness and preparation. But with a low income county and school system. We can’t just make the trip to Alcoa, Oakland, Etc… or whoever else you think LC should Schedule. Of LCs 3 non district games. Community is just plain bad. Creekwood is Very athletic, but wasn’t very good either but a 4A team. And then Pure youth below. The other 7 games are Region games. And I highly doubt as you have claimed before, LC got to choose what district they wanted to go to. No Ex coach and no TSSAA board members for you to blame. 

You brought up Pure Youth and downed LC playing them. here is what I found from their schedule of the Tennessee teams. They were no slouch opponent, the most athletic team I’ve seen LC play in recent memory and their record doesn’t show if that’s all you looked at. 

Pure Academy 

Vs Haywood L 21-28. 

Haywood is 7-2. Losses to Oakland and Hardin County. Currently Ranked 8th in 4A.

Vs Cookville L 21-18

Cookeville is 6-3. Losses to Mt. Juliet, Lebanon and Stone Memorial. Currently Not ranked in 6A.

Vs Pearl Cohn L 41-14. 

Pearl Cohn is 9-0 and Ranked #1 in 4A

Vs Hardin County L 21-14

Hardin Co is 9-0 and Ranked #4 in 4A

Vs Blackman L 35-12. 

Blackman is 3-6, not ranked, only losing team and in arguably the toughest region in the State. 

Vs Lewis Co. L 44-26

LC is 8-1. Ranked 10th in 2A and lost to Loretto.

Vs Crockett County W 54-47.

CC is 5-4. Not ranked and losses to Huntingdon, Haywood and Dyer Co. 

Vs Walker Valley L 21-8

WV is 7-2 not Ranked in 5A. With Losses to Bradley Central(#1 in 6A) and East Hamilton

Joe I like the way you operate. Bringing facts to the table. These will probably confuse pizzagirl. She doesn’t like to deal with facts. Like this one… I know a team… much larger class that some call the paper runner-ups. Lost to a little oLe 2A school in Forrest in 2016.  Then first chance they got they dropped them from their schedule. I wonder why they did this?  We’re they ducking competition??  Surely they can compete with 2A schools???  Maybe @GeneralForrest can chime in on the reason.