What's going on in Sweetwater with the coach suspension.

BarneySox2007

4 minutes ago, VolsUntilIDie said:

They both stink. Chatt Central & Polk county suck but if he beats the entitled Sweetwater folk will act like Dacus is the savior forgetting that Slover beat 2 bad teams and was throwing the ball well. But I bet you all were whining then & not supporting him. You guys make me sick & are bad influences on the kids. Y’all taught them crappy lessons 

And I know a few HS programs are eyeing to get some of your talent to transfer

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve heard that some schools don’t allow head coaches to coach their own kids to avoid this kind of situation, does anyone know of any schools with that rule or am I totally wrong?

Never heard of this before and don't think it's a good idea if that was a rule.  An Administration hires a coach to run a team and they move their entire family to the new town and school, the Coach has a son who plays football but won't let him play?  No football coach with a kid would do that.  Just imagine if that was a rule at Greeneville (Ballard wouldn't have been able to play and lead us to 2 state championships) or Anderson County (Gillum would have to step aside for his son to play next year since he will be a freshman or his son can't play?)

41 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve heard that some schools don’t allow head coaches to coach their own kids to avoid this kind of situation, does anyone know of any schools with that rule or am I totally wrong?

If Bruce Pearl can coach his own son at UT, then coaches can coach their own kids in HS.  Terrible Idea.  Whatever participation trophy district impliments that rule won't win championships.  Coach has to be in charge for a team to win.  Just the way it is.

45 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Never heard of this before and don't think it's a good idea if that was a rule.  An Administration hires a coach to run a team and they move their entire family to the new town and school, the Coach has a son who plays football but won't let him play?  No football coach with a kid would do that.  Just imagine if that was a rule at Greeneville (Ballard wouldn't have been able to play and lead us to 2 state championships) or Anderson County (Gillum would have to step aside for his son to play next year since he will be a freshman or his son can't play?)

Again, I could be totally wrong, but I was told that, and I was told that the coach would have to step aside if they had a kid come through. I will see if I can find any truth to it. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Coach Harig at Loudon coached both his sons. The legend Gary Rankin coached his two at Alcoa. HC have always been allowed to coach their own kids to my knowledge. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Highlights said:

If any of you commenting on here is looking for a coach and a QB. I know where you can get them.  You feel so bad for the coach then take him. 

See you are part of the problem.  There is a right way and a wrong way to handle a situation like this and Sweetwater handled it horrible.  I have said from the beginning The Administration hired the coach so let him Coach his team!  If he decides to run it into the ground (by playing who he wants) in one year then fire him after the season ends not suspend him because parents are crying about Johny's position or playing time in the middle of the season.  I would feel bad for any Coach that was just treated like Slover was by any school.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

See you are part of the problem.  There is a right way and a wrong way to handle a situation like this and Sweetwater handled it horrible.  I have said from the beginning The Administration hired the coach so let him Coach his team!  If he decides to run it into the ground (by playing who he wants) in one year then fire him after the season ends not suspend him because parents are crying about Johny's position or playing time in the middle of the season.  I would feel bad for any Coach that was just treated like Slover was by any school.

The problem is, that those who are not part of this program, know more than everyone in it. You feel bad for a coach who doesn’t put the best 11 on the field. Give me a break. This is no longer about a football program but about hurting someone’s feelings because they can’t see talent. So you would punish the whole team for one kid. What is also bad is that the players see it and know who should be playing. But let’s not worry about the whole team just the one player and the “coach”.

3 minutes ago, Highlights said:

The problem is, that those who are not part of this program, know more than everyone in it. You feel bad for a coach who doesn’t put the best 11 on the field. Give me a break. This is no longer about a football program but about hurting someone’s feelings because they can’t see talent. So you would punish the whole team for one kid. What is also bad is that the players see it and know who should be playing. But let’s not worry about the whole team just the one player and the “coach”.

the fact that you're defending these actions is crazy.  What coach in his right mind would take this job?

9 minutes ago, Highlights said:

The problem is you wouldn't know how a good program is ran to save your life!  I've been part of programs as a high school football coach and any coach worth a grain of Salt wouldn't touch a program like Sweetwater with how this was handled!  Let me repeat it You do not suspend a coach in the middle of a season because he is not playing who the administration, fans, or players want to start point blank period. You can fire him at the end of the season but Sweetwater just showed they are letting the clowns run the circus.

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, Highlights said:

Stop........just stop