What's going on in Sweetwater with the coach suspension.

BarneySox2007

I will make this as simple as I can so that everyone will understand..........It all starts at the top in a school system.  If this is allowed to happen in Monroe County Schools, then the top Central Office personnel should be evaluated, then filtered down to the AD/Principal.  They should be held accountable.  The Board Of education should be embarrassed and they should not be allowed to seek re-election if this was allowed to happen under their watch. The parents involved should be ashamed and I hope they realize what they have done to the program and the long term affects that will stem from it.  If the parents are on the Booster Club, then the Booster Club should be abolished or at least, parents involved in this should not be allowed to serve in the Booster Club.  All these actions have hurt the kids involved and hurt families that ultimately were/are affected by their actions.  Not good business.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

Then you do a better job hiring the "fit" for the program! - or - You wait until the season is over to fire the guy. The decision to run him off mid season is not a good look. This only harms the program and does nothing to help this year's Senior class at all! The record would be the same! Now, the kids have this hanging over them and the program. Now they are a National laughing stock. Just can not defend it....sorry 

I’m not gonna comment back on either side. But I feel for these seniors. This is supposed to be some of the best times of their life and it’s not. I just don’t agree with the people who aren’t from Sweetwater bashing it all. When there’s a lot more to the story than all this media is putting out. Bc administration can’t just go online and get into a pissing match in a article

3 minutes ago, Wildcats423 said:

I’m not gonna comment back on either side. But I feel for these seniors. This is supposed to be some of the best times of their life and it’s not. I just don’t agree with the people who aren’t from Sweetwater bashing it all. When there’s a lot more to the story than all this media is putting out. Bc administration can’t just go online and get into a pissing match in a article

They need to release a statement, telling the TRUTH if it will save this program. It is gaining national attention and that sucks for the program going forward!

7 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

Then you do a better job hiring the "fit" for the program! - or - You wait until the season is over to fire the guy. The decision to run him off mid season is not a good look. This only harms the program and does nothing to help this year's Senior class at all! The record would be the same! Now, the kids have this hanging over them and the program. Now they are a National laughing stock. Just can not defend it....sorry 

i will always love sweetwater, and i’m not defending that how he was fired was right or that the suspension was the best look for sweetwater, but he was not a good coach to the kids plain and simple. you don’t know the kids that he played under and how the entire summer and spring leading up to this season was. i don’t agree with how they did things and im sure it will come back and hurt them, but i feel bad for these seniors for their wasted last year 

6 minutes ago, Doppelganger said:

I will make this as simple as I can so that everyone will understand..........It all starts at the top in a school system.  If this is allowed to happen in Monroe County Schools, then the top Central Office personnel should be evaluated, then filtered down to the AD/Principal.  They should be held accountable.  The Board Of education should be embarrassed and they should not be allowed to seek re-election if this was allowed to happen under their watch. The parents involved should be ashamed and I hope they realize what they have done to the program and the long term affects that will stem from it.  If the parents are on the Booster Club, then the Booster Club should be abolished or at least, parents involved in this should not be allowed to serve in the Booster Club.  All these actions have hurt the kids involved and hurt families that ultimately were/are affected by their actions.  Not good business.  

You are right! Monroe County Schools is mocked by surrounding counties all the time. People joke about possibly working there or when someone is thinking about making the move back home, they get talked out of it because "well, you know how Monroe is." "Better have a back up plan" etc. I hate that, b/c I want nothing more than to come home and coach my alma mater but I have to think about feeding my kids and job security. 

14 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

They need to release a statement, telling the TRUTH if it will save this program. It is gaining national attention and that sucks for the program going forward!

Yep...It's just a matter of tyme when 3-year Letterman on twitter responds to this!  Kippy Brown would be disappointed. 

Edited by LarrySmellsTidwellsTrap
Grade 3 Edumacation!

16 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

They already did. They forced him to resign for not playing the kid with the right last name at QB. Its a open and shut case. Admin catered to parents...and killed football.

Not that Sweetwater had much left after the miracle of 1993 anyway...

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, withthewater said:

bottom line is slover tried his best to make his son look good not the team and you can see he killed sweetwater’s season. i know most of you all have never seen a sweetwater game with him at coach it shows lol 

bottom line is so dire that I can't write it here.  and that ain't it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wildcats423 said:

I’m done commenting back to you bc it’s obvious you have absolutely never watched a Sweetwater high school football game. Because at the end of the day you can sit her from the outside looking in and not give any care in the world. From an SHS alumni with no relation to the team unless you are at Carter field every Friday night watching the wildcats play I don’t really believe you have any opinion on the topic whatsoever. But for a full team of players to turn on a coach is pathetic and at the end of the day no parents matter no coach matters. It’s 100% about the kids and the fact these seniors have had half there senior year thrown away and this is the memory they will have, is absolutely a disgusting thought. 

I'm wondering if you've ever watched any other football game than whatever you've watched when it involved your child. You're wrong.  Every last gossiping and backstabbing one of you is wrong.

40 minutes ago, Wildcats423 said:

you don't want to be bashed, don't pull this backass smalltown bull.

Parents are ruining sports from an early age all the way through HS. These parents wanted a change and forced their way into the school offices and got what they wanted. Now they don't want to deal with the backlash and all the negative attention that goes along with their inappropriate actions. I just hit the Google machine and this is being reported on almost every news station across the US, all the way up to Fairbanks, Alaska! But, continue to defend/deflect your actions. This is worse than the Greenback dumpster fire...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, gcapride said:

Parents are ruining sports from an early age all the way through HS. These parents wanted a change and forced their way into the school offices and got what they wanted. Now they don't want to deal with the backlash and all the negative attention that goes along with their inappropriate actions. I just hit the Google machine and this is being reported on almost every news station across the US, all the way up to Fairbanks, Alaska! But, continue to defend/deflect your actions. This is worse than the Greenback dumpster fire...

Do you think the parents/fans will come to the realization of what they've actually done? You really can't expect them to realize they were wrong when their behavior was rewarded with their demands being met.