What's going on in Sweetwater with the coach suspension.

BarneySox2007

A word of hard earned advice here for parents of potential players presently in middle school and for coaches:

1.  If there is a kid that plays the same position as your kid and that other kid has special connections of ANY kind  with the head coach (board members, BFF, etc.) do not Hope things are handled right.  Transfer.

2.  If you are offered a position at a school as a coordinator or HC and you know nobody at the school while all the other coaches are long time buddies, do NOT take the job.  If, however, you can go in with a relative or a best friend as a coordinator then go for it.  DO NOT go in there alone.  Never, ever, never.

• Like 2

Sweetwater is the most cancerous program in the State of Tennessee right now and it would take a special kind of stupid to apply for that job. I really feel sorry for any of the kids caught in that mess. They'll end up having to move one of the two assistants up and try and find another yes man for one of those positions. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I would think with all that’s documented and  brought to light any new Head Coach that comes in there would only be doing so with the agreement that it’s a totally clean slate and will have the freedom to hire the best possible candidates that fits his personality, philosophy, vision and schemes from the candidate pool of applicants. Let me add that the school board will have to support him if he decides to not retain anyone left on this staff unless he sees that through an interview that they are worth retaining.   I realize it’s been a very bad situation currently but time has a way of healing and new blood can come in with a totally clean slate baring he isn’t bringing a QB in with him.  Young coaches are always looking for opportunities to move up the ladder in responsibilities and goals so there will be plenty of interest in filling a new staff as long as the school system is willing to make sure there are at least 6-8  coaching positions for a school that size along with a new Head Man who is willing to work, cause no doubt he will have his hands full to get this catastrophe in order.  It will take them a couple years at least to get things going in the right direction  and get people bought in.  

14 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

I would think with all that’s documented and  brought to light any new Head Coach that comes in there would only be doing so with the agreement that it’s a totally clean slate and will have the freedom to hire the best possible candidates that fits his personality, philosophy, vision and schemes from the candidate pool of applicants. Let me add that the school board will have to support him if he decides to not retain anyone left on this staff unless he sees that through an interview that they are worth retaining.   I realize it’s been a very bad situation currently but time has a way of healing and new blood can come in with a totally clean slate baring he isn’t bringing a QB in with him.  Young coaches are always looking for opportunities to move up the ladder in responsibilities and goals so there will be plenty of interest in filling a new staff as long as the school system is willing to make sure there are at least 6-8  coaching positions for a school that size along with a new Head Man who is willing to work, cause no doubt he will have his hands full to get this catastrophe in order.  It will take them a couple years at least to get things going in the right direction  and get people bought in.  

Monroe County Schools only has 1 HC supplement and 2 (possibly 3) assistant supplements. 

10 hours ago, catchnburn said:

Monroe County Schools only has 1 HC supplement and 2 (possibly 3) assistant supplements. 

Well then they probably need to start with that if they want to take Football seriously and compete at a high level. 3 or 4 guys will kill themselves managing a roster the size of a 3/4 A program. Not saying it can’t be done but it’s not a good situation.  

2 hours ago, bull1234 said:

Sequoyah has their guy. They'd be crazy to run him off and try to re-start again. They need athletes, not another new coach after all he has done for the program and community.

assuming he sticks around. His stock has never been higher than right now. There have already been rumors that he might leave, albeit just rumors so who knows.