Huntingdon Mustangs vs Riverside Panthers

horse

I thought the offense was ok tonight. I don't feel like we took enough shots to keep the defense honest against the run. But the drop on 4th down in the 4 quarter could have been a real killer. That's not on Swenson. The play call was perfect and it just wasn't executed. I know we (the fans) would like to see him open up the playbook a little more and give our runners a chance to see less than 10-11 defenders in the box, but it's hard to do when we don't execute the plays that are there.

9 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

I thought the offense was ok tonight. I don't feel like we took enough shots to keep the defense honest against the run. But the drop on 4th down in the 4 quarter could have been a real killer. That's not on Swenson. The play call was perfect and it just wasn't executed. I know we (the fans) would like to see him open up the playbook a little more and give our runners a chance to see less than 10-11 defenders in the box, but it's hard to do when we don't execute the plays that are there.

Agree! That 4th and 1 play call that Riversides QB overthrew was a back breaker for them. I would have taken my chances with my 230 pound back or ran the qb keeper again.

24 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Agree! That 4th and 1 play call that Riversides QB overthrew was a back breaker for them. I would have taken my chances with my 230 pound back or ran the qb keeper again.

Absolutely. Huntingdon started sniffing out that QB option keeper so I guess that scared them a bit, but they ate our lunch with that play for most of the game. Despite it being the wrong play call, the man was open if the QB could have played up a bit better for him. Riverside had lots of opportunities like that to make plays as well. If a few more balls had been a little more accurate and/or they had a few drops back, this could have been a very different score. Outside of the QB keeper, Huntingdon defended the run very well. Still wish our DB's didn't give 10-15 yards of cushion and allow the WR's to cross their face every single play. We give up way to many easy plays against any decently accurate QB.

12 hours ago, Mustang1969 said:

Hats off to both teams tonight, both played with great effort and  composure. GREAT WIN MUSTANGS!!! Y’all have gone miles from the McKenzie game. Great crowd for both schools tonight. Except you Mr Air Horn. You should be barred from games. I guess the plus to that was our snap counts were good cause you couldn’t time us up for nothing!! 

Edited by FOXY
Ignorance

8 hours ago, FOXY said:

First of all, the horn you're referring to is called an impact train horn, not an air horn. 

Second, why do you think we couldn't "time you up for nothing?" Probably because the purpose of any noisemaker is to be loud and cheer on your team. That horn was not purchased or brought to any game with the opposing teams snaps in mind, I promise LOL

Third, per TSSAA rules, we can make as much noise as we want as long as it's not during the coin toss, while the play clock is running, or during a live ball. And I can assure you MY train horn didn't break any of those rules tonight and if someone else's did from our side of the field, I didn't notice because I was too busy watching the game. 

Which brings me to my fourth and final point... you're obviously a big huntingdon fan, so why were you more worried about a horn being blown than watching your team win? LOL

Me and my horn will see you in the playoffs lol

This is beyond hilarious since last week y’all were blasting it all night as Trinity was trying to snap the ball. Actually caused multiple fumbled snaps in a row on a critical drive 

8 hours ago, FOXY said:

First of all, the horn you're referring to is called an impact train horn, not an air horn. 

Second, why do you think we couldn't "time you up for nothing?" Probably because the purpose of any noisemaker is to be loud and cheer on your team. That horn was not purchased or brought to any game with the opposing teams snaps in mind, I promise LOL

Third, per TSSAA rules, we can make as much noise as we want as long as it's not during the coin toss, while the play clock is running, or during a live ball. And I can assure you MY train horn didn't break any of those rules tonight and if someone else's did from our side of the field, I didn't notice because I was too busy watching the game. 

Which brings me to my fourth and final point... you're obviously a big huntingdon fan, so why were you more worried about a horn being blown than watching your team win? LOL

Trying to interrupt the other team by using a horn is kind of childish. Don’t you think?

9 hours ago, FOXY said:

Aw mama got a new toy.

9 hours ago, FOXY said:

I talked to several friends last night from Parsons that all told me they are completely embarrassed of that horn and wish it was plugged somewhere. It was the first thing they brought up. Riverside is too good of a team and too proud of a fan base to have one bush league person make it about them. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FOXY said:

Edited for Ignorance

Nice edit.. blowing the horn pre-snap and during the play is exactly what you were doing, which you yourself said was against the rules. It's poor sportsmanship, and you're probably lucky you didn't get thrown out of the game. 

Someone within the school administration should step up and put a stop to it really. I don't believe it impacted our game at all, but it is against TSSAA guidelines on fan sportsmanship and just an fyi, if a spectator is ejected from a game for a sportsmanship penalty, the school incurs a fine. So try to think about the school you are trying to support.