South Pittsburg vs MTCS (Battle of Unbeatens)

Southtowner

7 hours ago, sportman said:

Sure hate missing this game tonight. I'll be listening. Was in bad wreck coming back from Destin, Sunday in Birmingham near Clanton. The wife and daughter battered and bruised and I have to have shoulder surgery in a few weeks, Darn rotator cuff torn in to and have to reattach my bicep.  Just thank God to be alive. Rough getting hit from the rear at over 75mph. All my coach t buds please keep us in your prayers. We've got a good little climb ahead of us, but go Pirates!!!

Prayers for you and your family, sportman. 

We needed this.

Lemme say that again.

We needed this.

Reminded me a bit of the Cloudland game back in '21.

Our Defense was stout tonight.  Grown man stout on stopping the drive right before the half.  That was key to me.  

A couple scoring opportunities got way, but hey, MTCS played a heckuva game.  Their players are very well coached.  They tackle well in space.  A solid team with championship aspirations of their own.  Good luck to the Cougars going forward. 

Pirates,  what can I say?  I think defense carried us tonight.  And Defense wins championships.  

Go Pirates!!

Edited by Southtowner
Go Pirates!!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BigCornbread said:

I don’t like to compare past teams but dis may be da best defense SP has had in a long time and I would even go as far as to say possibly EVER and definitely da fastest overall D. Don’t shoot da messenger da proof is in da pudding! Dis was a PHYSICAL test and dey passed it wid flying colors. 

Dere was a drive at da end of da first half where MTCS was leaning on dem, 3/4 yarding dem to death and looking like dey were putting a drive together making it down inside the 20/30 yd line and da pirates didn’t lay down. Dey stepped up and matched da physicality of MT and made a huge stop. 

Lol go back a month ago and I said the fasted D I’ve seen

31 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

It was a hard-fought game. You can't turn the ball over to a team like SP and think you can win. Feel back for our freshman who muffed those punts. Look forward to hosting you in the Boro next year. 

Enjoyed being back in the valley and visiting with some friends.

From my spot in the stands they got a break on one of them.  The ball hit the kid with SP recovering at the goal line but they gave MTCS the ball. That one still confuses me. 

2 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

From my spot in the stands they got a break on one of them.  The ball hit the kid with SP recovering at the goal line but they gave MTCS the ball. That one still confuses me. 

Got his hands and leg and covered 1 foot from the Goal line. Several missed calls by the refs.