McMinn County Cherokees @ Rhea County Golden Eagle

RichyRich

1 hour ago, Eagle57 said:

Since you seem to be the coach's biggest supporter, perhaps you can explain to me why he has never utilized his tight ends to be anything other then  run blockers? You don't think a short pass here or there would take a little pressure off of the RB's? He may be a great coach but the offense doesn't have to be a spread to be more effective. And the only reason he changed it this year was after all of our backs got injured. Just an honest opinion and as always............Go Eagles!

@oridgecat you wanna chime in on this one?  LOL

5 hours ago, Eagle57 said:

Since you seem to be the coach's biggest supporter, perhaps you can explain to me why he has never utilized his tight ends to be anything other then  run blockers? You don't think a short pass here or there would take a little pressure off of the RB's? He may be a great coach but the offense doesn't have to be a spread to be more effective. And the only reason he changed it this year was after all of our backs got injured. Just an honest opinion and as always............Go Eagles!

was in the I in the spring so didn't change because of injuries. Go to practice and you'll see how hard they work on passing game including the short game, Sometimes just don't have the players that can run/catch and make something happen after the catch. Not his biggest supporter just a high school football fan  and in my opinion he's had a lot of success but just doesn't have the talent this year coupled with injuries to be competitive at a championship level region/district or state.

5 minutes ago, neverwas said:

was in the I in the spring so didn't change because of injuries. Go to practice and you'll see how hard they work on passing game including the short game, Sometimes just don't have the players that can run/catch and make something happen after the catch. Not his biggest supporter just a high school football fan  and in my opinion he's had a lot of success but just doesn't have the talent this year coupled with injuries to be competitive at a championship level region/district or state.

I have been to most games, home and away over the last 12 years. He has never used his tight ends for nothing but blockers, even when he had Caleb Martin who is showing out this year throwing the ball. I've never questioned the players grit and I think they are a little less talented this year but a short yardage pass to the tight end is not that hard. Just my opinion.