YAI @ Oneida

Spike016

3 hours ago, MoonMan57 said:

50,5,20,2 and 13 right off the top of my head.  All coming back next year too.

I can only assume you mean on defense for all of those. Please remember if you put a kid in from Oneida you have to take a kid out from York. Also remember this defense gives up 5 points per game and has played a very hard schedule. So those players are performing at a very high level. And almost all of them started last year on a semi-final team. I know all  the kids you mentioned so I'll compare their positions on York.

York MLB's 22 and 25 are studs. Both caused turnovers last night and were lights out vs Grace and Livingston. No chance they come off the field for #2. The DE for york is a returning all district player. He was playing hurt last night, but he's not coming off the field for 5 or 20. He had 3 sacks vs Grace and 2 or 3 at Clay County. He will again be all district. 13 is a great player but are you putting him in and taking out last years district player of the year in Lefew at safety? The one I can possibly see is 50. Cause he has a great motor. But he's not going to take Michael Wall's spot. Wall will be an all state kid this year. 

Did you honestly watch that game and see anyone flash for Oneida? Can you look at that game and say that kid had a great game? Did any of those 5 look good last night? If someone watched that film and had never seen either team, do they say wow, look at that kid, we need to recruit him. They were overmatched at every single position. That's why York was driving up and down the field. If York doesn't snap the ball 20 yards backwards in the redzone on 1 drive, then get a TD call back on a penalty on another drive, then get a 10 yard run on 2nd down setting up 1st and goal from the 3 called back on a penalty, and mistime a jump on a clear and easy Picksix, then the score is 42-0. York stopped themselves. I also think they tried working on some passing game stuff. I think they knew they could stop Oneida on offense so they were OK with throwing the ball more to try and work on things. I don't think Oneida crossed midfield. But you think half the defense on York would be backups to the Oneida kids that gave up 300 yards of offense. York had more penalty yards then Oneida had on offense. But you are swapping out half the team? I appreciate your passion but at some point you have to be honest too. 

3 hours ago, pujo said:

If York keeps the ball the whole night on The Oneida side of the field and only scores 28, Oneida must have had a player or 2. A great 2a team would have scored 50. The york team was good on D but Oneida only scored 14 on The new private bunch in Knoxville. We scored 51 and this is not one of our better teams. Make what you will of it. 

7 penalties and a 20 yard bad snap. The bad snap killed one drive. 2 penalties inside the 10 stopped 2 other drives. That and York was clearly trying to work on their passing game. Their coach mentioned during the week they wanted to work on their passing game. They actually threw more passes than Oneida did. They threw it 13 times last night and threw it 5 last week vs a pretty good Livingston Academy team. They struggled throwing it. I can see why he wanted to work on it. They will need to get more crisp on that to have any chance in semis. They just looked out of sorts passing. Not many catchable balls. 

5 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

York will lose this week, but I don't think it will be close.  Wright vs. Samber.  Let's just say their may be some animosity there...lol.  I thought York would be better.  I was not impressed watching the game last night.  Oneida offense played scared or it would have been a closer game.  

Welcome back.  Thought you had fell off the face of the earth. 

33 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

7 penalties and a 20 yard bad snap. The bad snap killed one drive. 2 penalties inside the 10 stopped 2 other drives. That and York was clearly trying to work on their passing game. Their coach mentioned during the week they wanted to work on their passing game. They actually threw more passes than Oneida did. They threw it 13 times last night and threw it 5 last week vs a pretty good Livingston Academy team. They struggled throwing it. I can see why he wanted to work on it. They will need to get more crisp on that to have any chance in semis. They just looked out of sorts passing. Not many catchable balls. 

Yep, turning the ball over twice (really 3 times on the mismanagement just before half that gave YAI a chance to score) on our side of the field was in our favor. C’mon both made mistakes that affected them. What about the BS horse collar that kept your drive alive or the other penalties against Oneida committed that benefited YAI? You forget those? Those are examples of things that happen in football games. Your bad snap comparison is like me trying to say if we had just blocked better we could’ve ran the ball all over them. It’s execution. If you don’t do it then you don’t succeed in that play. Sometimes it’s self inflicted, sometimes it’s caused by the other team. If you don’t want to get a TD called back don’t hold. Don’t want your drive killed don’t snap the ball over your QBs head. If we don’t want to get shut out then block somebody or whatever. You’re a fan of watching the film then go watch it. Show me a single penalty against YAI that affected the game that wasn’t at least a borderline either way sort of call if not flat out the right call. Y’all flat out won the game and are a better team than us and will win the region. Maybe you’re just not as good as you thought you would be. Like you said I appreciate your passion but at some point you have to be honest too. 

1 hour ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I can only assume you mean on defense for all of those. Please remember if you put a kid in from Oneida you have to take a kid out from York. Also remember this defense gives up 5 points per game and has played a very hard schedule. So those players are performing at a very high level. And almost all of them started last year on a semi-final team. I know all  the kids you mentioned so I'll compare their positions on York.

York MLB's 22 and 25 are studs. Both caused turnovers last night and were lights out vs Grace and Livingston. No chance they come off the field for #2. The DE for york is a returning all district player. He was playing hurt last night, but he's not coming off the field for 5 or 20. He had 3 sacks vs Grace and 2 or 3 at Clay County. He will again be all district. 13 is a great player but are you putting him in and taking out last years district player of the year in Lefew at safety? The one I can possibly see is 50. Cause he has a great motor. But he's not going to take Michael Wall's spot. Wall will be an all state kid this year. 

Did you honestly watch that game and see anyone flash for Oneida? Can you look at that game and say that kid had a great game? Did any of those 5 look good last night? If someone watched that film and had never seen either team, do they say wow, look at that kid, we need to recruit him. They were overmatched at every single position. That's why York was driving up and down the field. If York doesn't snap the ball 20 yards backwards in the redzone on 1 drive, then get a TD call back on a penalty on another drive, then get a 10 yard run on 2nd down setting up 1st and goal from the 3 called back on a penalty, and mistime a jump on a clear and easy Picksix, then the score is 42-0. York stopped themselves. I also think they tried working on some passing game stuff. I think they knew they could stop Oneida on offense so they were OK with throwing the ball more to try and work on things. I don't think Oneida crossed midfield. But you think half the defense on York would be backups to the Oneida kids that gave up 300 yards of offense. York had more penalty yards then Oneida had on offense. But you are swapping out half the team? I appreciate your passion but at some point you have to be honest too. 

Yes on multiple occasions all 5 of those kids looked great last night especially on the multiple turnover on downs. BTW how many kids are being recruited for YAI, since you brought recruiting up :popcorneater:

1 hour ago, crow said:

Yes on multiple occasions all 5 of those kids looked great last night especially on the multiple turnover on downs. BTW how many kids are being recruited for YAI, since you brought recruiting up :popcorneater:

I don't know what's funnier. The fact that you think I'm from York or the fact that you think anyone from Oneida had a great game. 

• Sad 1

York shot themselves in the foot multiple times with penalties.  Oneida having 42 yard total offense is a testament to York’s defense as well as Oneida’s inability to block up front. I hope this game stays on the schedule no matter the regions when they are realigned whenever that is. Chineseflu says he wasn’t impressed I have to say I was disappointed in the passing game, but when is YAI ever been known for throwing. I do think York has the athletes on the outside if they could get them the ball.  I’ll be pulling for the Indians to win out.   

9 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I don't know what's funnier. The fact that you think I'm from York or the fact that you think anyone from Oneida had a great game. 

Thanks now we’ve both got jokes but you dodged the question I asked. You brought recruiting into the conversation as a metric to determine a “good” player. You also claim YAI has “good” players all over the field. I simply asked how many of their “good” players have offers or are being recruited. I was just trying to see just how many “good” players were on that squad is all. If you don’t know that’s OK too. I’m just asking. 
Also I never said I thought you were from York, simply you were a York fan and not an Oneida fan. Where you’re from is irrelevant. 

3 minutes ago, YAIDAD said:

York shot themselves in the foot multiple times with penalties.  Oneida having 42 yard total offense is a testament to York’s defense as well as Oneida’s inability to block up front. I hope this game stays on the schedule no matter the regions when they are realigned whenever that is. Chineseflu says he wasn’t impressed I have to say I was disappointed in the passing game, but when is YAI ever been known for throwing. I do think York has the athletes on the outside if they could get them the ball.  I’ll be pulling for the Indians to win out.   

Yes as did Oneida on multiple occasions. That’s how it goes and I know you’re well aware of that. Sometimes a team, any and every team, shoots themselves in the foot, sometimes the other team shoots a toe off for you. It’s just football. I’ve said many times our offense was completely ineffective. Some of that is our fault, a lot of that is yorks credit. Same on defense. If we were a team of scrubs then being in our side of the field all night you would’ve scored 100 on us. The claim being made is the only reason that didn’t happen was because of self inflicted circumstances. That and that Oneida doesn’t have a man on the roster that could start for YAI is ridiculous. YAI is a good ball team, far better than Oneida right now overall but the major difference is line play. If we could convert 1st downs then YAI has far fewer plays. Given the offense and the way we played that was a major contributing factor. Again some of that was on us, a lot was credit to the York defense. I don’t know what else to say to be anymore clear about the way I see it. Again I know you understand what I’m saying. 

22 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

You also completely ignored the questions I asked about turnovers and penalties BTW. 

2 minutes ago, crow said:

Yes as did Oneida on multiple occasions. That’s how it goes and I know you’re well aware of that. Sometimes a team, any and every team, shoots themselves in the foot, sometimes the other team shoots a toe off for you. It’s just football. I’ve said many times our offense was completely ineffective. Some of that is our fault, a lot of that is yorks credit. Same on defense. If we were a team of scrubs then being in our side of the field all night you would’ve scored 100 on us. The claim being made is the only reason that didn’t happen was because of self inflicted circumstances. That and that Oneida doesn’t have a man on the roster that could start for YAI is ridiculous. YAI is a good ball team, far better than Oneida right now overall but the major difference is line play. If we could convert 1st downs then YAI has far fewer plays. Given the offense and the way we played that was a major contributing factor. Again some of that was on us, a lot was credit to the York defense. I don’t know what else to say to be anymore clear about the way I see it. Again I know you understand what I’m saying. 

What was the total offensive plays per team?