Passing: 4-13 for 68 yards 

Rushing: 50 for 226

Total: 63 for 294

Oneida

First Downs: 4

Passing: 4-12 for 35 yards, 1 INT

Rushing: 18 for 7 yards 

Total: 30 for 42 yards 

Yet ANOTHER game of 30 plays or less over the last couple of years. Hard to score if you’re not on the field. 

Just now, crow said:

Stats

Yorkies

First Downs: 19

Oneida

Yet ANOTHER game of 30 plays or less over the last couple of years. Hard to score if you’re not on the field. 

Did a heck of a job keeping it somewhat close most of the night, Fought like heck the whole night. To each his own but that last TD was uncalled for. What the heck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crow said:

Stats

Yorkies

First Downs: 19

Oneida

7 yards Rushing? That’s down right embarrassing! Nothin against York they are a well oiled machine BUT when you run it up the middle 99.9% of the time and it don’t work. I think you may need to try something else. 

Edited by Spike016
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

Did a heck of a job keeping it somewhat close most of the night, Fought like heck the whole night. To each his own but that last TD was uncalled for. What the heck.

Yeah that’s just the way they play. I called that early this week that whatever they scored on us it would be as much as they could score on us. They just play that way, at least when they play us anyway. The TD just before half was our fault really. Given field position down 1 score inside a minute until half and us getting the ball to start the second I think I might’ve tried to run on 3rd down and if you don’t convert then run the clock out before half. Instead they get a little time and punch it in to go up 14-0 right before half. Given all the short fields and 3 and outs if not for the defensive effort it would’ve been much worse. They played hard. Offense just wasn’t able to do anything really. Hats off, they’re physical and run their system well, better team won tonight. 

Totally agree on last TD. I’m not aware of any tie breaker scenario that involves score differential but I may be wrong. Game could have been a lot worse though. York kept shooting themselves in the foot or it probably would have been worse. York’s coach said during week they wanted to work on their passing attack and they kinda forced it tonight. Penalties and bad snaps. 
Oneida’s biggest problem is their line. In the second half the backup quarterback didn’t have enough time to even throw quick passes without a man killing him. I was very impressed with the York defense. They have a state ranked defense. They do not have a state ranked offense. I think they will struggle in semi finals just like last year. I’m not even sure who they would play but my guess is someone that will shut their offense completely down. But for Oneida if their line gets better they are going to have a heck of a team next year. 

4 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Totally agree on last TD. I’m not aware of any tie breaker scenario that involves score differential but I may be wrong. Game could have been a lot worse though. York kept shooting themselves in the foot or it probably would have been worse. York’s coach said during week they wanted to work on their passing attack and they kinda forced it tonight. Penalties and bad snaps. 
Oneida’s biggest problem is their line. In the second half the backup quarterback didn’t have enough time to even throw quick passes without a man killing him. I was very impressed with the York defense. They have a state ranked defense. They do not have a state ranked offense. I think they will struggle in semi finals just like last year. I’m not even sure who they would play but my guess is someone that will shut their offense completely down. But for Oneida if their line gets better they are going to have a heck of a team next year. 

We must have watched the same exact game, lol.

4 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Oneidas two turnovers back to back didn't do nothing for confidence either,you never know what might happen if can convert 1 of those Tos to points.So I say Oneida also shot themselves in both feet.I do agree with you if Oneida had half a brain they would be finding a guy to coach up those linemen and go o a killing spree next year!

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Oneidas two turnovers back to back didn't do nothing for confidence either,you never know what might happen if can convert 1 of those Tos to points.So I say Oneida also shot themselves in both feet.I do agree with you if Oneida had half a brain they would be finding a guy to coach up those linemen and go o a killing spree next year!

Looks to me like they have studs all over the field. Just looking at the 2 teams player for player, Oneida looks like the better squad.