YAI @ Oneida

Spike016

9 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Totally agree on last TD. I’m not aware of any tie breaker scenario that involves score differential but I may be wrong. Game could have been a lot worse though. York kept shooting themselves in the foot or it probably would have been worse. York’s coach said during week they wanted to work on their passing attack and they kinda forced it tonight. Penalties and bad snaps. 
Oneida’s biggest problem is their line. In the second half the backup quarterback didn’t have enough time to even throw quick passes without a man killing him. I was very impressed with the York defense. They have a state ranked defense. They do not have a state ranked offense. I think they will struggle in semi finals just like last year. I’m not even sure who they would play but my guess is someone that will shut their offense completely down. But for Oneida if their line gets better they are going to have a heck of a team next year. 

I’d have to agree their defense looks good but to say they kept shooting themselves in the foot? When? They had a few penalties that negated some plays but they were obvious play affecting penalties mostly in the open field. On the other side giving YAI a short field, going 3 and out and gift wrapping 2 turnovers deep in our territory and still coming out of that down 7 is a great job by the defense I don’t care who you’re playing. Then on top of all the offensive blunders to that point you have the ball late second quarter deep in your own territory, down one score and getting the ball back to start the second half. It’s 3rd down and you commit back to back presnap procedural penalties with under a minute left, you haven’t moved the ball an inch so far. Why throw the ball? Incomplete stopped the clock, now 4 and long have to punt. YAI get the ball with 40 something second on the plus side of the field so in that situation of course you try everything you can to score and they did. That is just like a turnover to me. In that situation we should have ran the ball on 3rd down. If we get it great, if not drain the clock before you punt and leave them with little or no time left. I get trying to score and win and all that but game situations have to be considered. If we had been successful moving the ball to that point I understand it also but we hadn’t been. If we were on their side of the field then absolutely take a shot but we weren’t. I know the stat sheet says 2 turnovers both in our territory but to me that counts as a third. 
Now saying all that what I’ll be clear about is I do not think that’s what lost the game for us. I will say the score is actually worse than it could’ve been. I saw a game where 14-0 was very possible but our staff mishandled one situation and YAI ended the game playing the way YAI is know for playing. I don’t begrudge them for it, I know the program well enough I expect it, that’s why I posted that they’d do that in the middle of the week. Wanted to call my shot if you will lol. They were the better team, the game was never in doubt, we never threatened to win and the team that should’ve won last night did. I see them rolling through round 1&2, competing in and possibly winning round 3 and if they reach the semifinals a similar outcome as last year. Even so, they have a very good shot at football practice before thanksgiving dinner and you gotta love that if you’re YAI. 

Edited by crow

3 minutes ago, crow said:

I’d have to agree their defense looks good but to say they kept shooting themselves in the foot? When? They had a few penalties that negated some plays but they were obvious play affecting penalties mostly in the open field. On the other side giving YAI a short field, going 3 and out and gift wrapping 2 turnovers deep in our territory and still coming out of that down 7 is a great job by the defense I don’t care who you’re playing. Then on top of all the offensive blunders to that point you have the ball late second quarter deep in your own territory, down one score and getting the ball back to start the second half. It’s 3rd down and you commit back to back presnap procedural penalties with under a minute left, you haven’t moved the ball an inch so far. Why throw the ball? Incomplete stopped the clock, now 4 and long have to punt. YAI get the ball with 40 something second on the plus side of the field so in that situation of course you try everything you can to score and they did. That is just like a turnover to me. In that situation we should have ran the ball on 3rd down. If we get it great, if not drain the clock before you punt and leave them with little or no time left. I get trying to score and win and all that but game situations have to be considered. If we had been successful moving the ball to that point I understand it also but we hadn’t been. If we were on their side of the field then absolutely take a shot but we weren’t. I know the stat sheet says 2 turnovers both in our territory but to me that counts as a third. 
Now saying all that what I’ll be clear about is I do not think that’s what lost the game for us. I will say the score is actually worse than it could’ve been. I saw a game where 14-0 was very possible but our staff mishandled one situation and YAI ended the game playing the way YAI is know for playing. I don’t begrudge them for it, I know the program well enough I expect it, that’s why I posted that they’d do that in the middle of the week. Wanted to call my shot if you will lol. They were the better team, the game was never in doubt, we never threatened to win and the team that should’ve won last night did. I see them rolling through round 1&2, competing in and possibly winning round 3 and if they reach the semifinals a similar outcome as last year. Even so, they have a very good shot at football practice before thanksgiving dinner and you gotta love that if your YAI. 

Pigs do fly. I think I agree with pretty much everything you said.  I know Hampton is extremely well coached and I watched them 2 years ago play like a well oiled machine so I’m not counting them out just yet.  Still going to give the nod to York to reach semis. I don’t think South Greene is well coached at all even though it seems they get the better athletes. I do think there is a Top 2 in each region and then a huge drop off to the next tier. I’m not sure though if Bledsoe can knock off say SG in that second round. I don’t know much about Bledsoe but I’ve been told they are very similar to York, just not quite as fast or as good. But  are very physical like a Hampton type team. 

35 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Pigs do fly. I think I agree with pretty much everything you said.  I know Hampton is extremely well coached and I watched them 2 years ago play like a well oiled machine so I’m not counting them out just yet.  Still going to give the nod to York to reach semis. I don’t think South Greene is well coached at all even though it seems they get the better athletes. I do think there is a Top 2 in each region and then a huge drop off to the next tier. I’m not sure though if Bledsoe can knock off say SG in that second round. I don’t know much about Bledsoe but I’ve been told they are very similar to York, just not quite as fast or as good. But  are very physical like a Hampton type team. 

I agree as long as you’re playing you’ve got a shot. I’m not saying YAI won’t be playing in the semifinals, just think Hampton or maybe SG has a shot also. I’m not sure there’s 2 in region 2. I guess we’ll soon see about the gap between us and Bledsoe. You could be right but I have been told and from what I’ve watched they don’t appear to be as good overall. Yorks defense seems improved since they played Bledsoe. Not just our game but watching their games since as well. They just seem to be in position more often and making tackles they were missing or getting off blocks they weren’t getting off of earlier in the year. That sort of thing. Either way it was worse than it should’ve been but not as bad as it could’ve been last night. Depending on what color shirt you wear I guess. Moving on, maybe we can get another crack at them in November but bigger fish to fry until then. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I think he meant looking at the players in general.  Anyone could see York was dominant 

I didn’t even see his post. Did he remove it or something? @YAIDAD I agree I think Pujo was meaning we have the horses to run with you and most in the East to be honest. Y’all were the better team top to bottom without a doubt and don’t think @pujo would disagree. I think the question is with the horses we have, why? That’s a question each person asked would likely have a different answer to. 

Edited by crow

5 minutes ago, crow said:

I didn’t even see his post. Did he remove it or something? @YAIDAD I agree I think Pujo was meaning we have the horses to run with you and most in the East to be honest. Y’all were the better team top to bottom without a doubt and don’t think @pujo would disagree. I think the question is with the horses we have, why? That’s a question each person asked would likely have a different answer to. 

Oneida doesn’t have the same horses as York at any position. Not one kid at Oneida would start for York. 

12 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I will stick with my final record prediction for Oneida being 6-5. I think the Bledsoe game will be similar. 

I think York loses this week in a close one then goes on to win the 1st 3 rounds and then they get their butts beat bad in semis. 

So you’re predicting a York loss to stone then a win over FC?