YAI @ Oneida

Spike016

I would take York -20 over Coalfield. 

York has beat some pretty good teams this year. They played like crap vs Oneida but they beat some pretty good bigger schools and shut out a good Clay County team. 

Coalfield is a very good 1A team but I'm not sure they can compete vs the better 2A teams in the state. I'm not sure they could beat Clay County. I think both those teams are down compared to last year. 

On 10/2/2023 at 2:41 PM, TSSAAfootball said:

I would take York -20 over Coalfield. 

York has beat some pretty good teams this year. They played like crap vs Oneida but they beat some pretty good bigger schools and shut out a good Clay County team. 

Coalfield is a very good 1A team but I'm not sure they can compete vs the better 2A teams in the state. I'm not sure they could beat Clay County. I think both those teams are down compared to last year. 

I just watched a movie with Kevin James called Home team.Shawn Payton (after his suspension for bountygate) calls up Bill Cowher and says-Im playing a team that runs an offense I've never seen before-He explained the set and Cowher says that a typical Middle School,Youth league offense called the single wing.Suits little kids but not a championship type offense.Speed kills it.After watching the game again and being around fast teams the majority of my time in Greenback I can see where you think Yorks time at #1 will fall soon.A fast team will tear it up.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I just watched a movie with Kevin James called Home team.Shawn Payton (after his suspension for bountygate) calls up Bill Cowher and says-Im playing a team that runs an offense I've never seen before-He explained the set and Cowher says that a typical Middle School,Youth league offense called the single wing.Suits little kids but not a championship type offense.Speed kills it.After watching the game again and being around fast teams the majority of my time in Greenback I can see where you think Yorks time at #1 will fall soon.A fast team will tear it up.

Agree 100%. Their defense is elite. Championship level. But their offense will struggle vs the teams with speed from Region 3,4. And then they will have to pass and I think their coach knows it. That’s why he wanted to work on it vs Oneida. I think he knew Oneida would not be able to do anything offensively so he decided to work on it. He said it during the week before the game and I thought he was BS’ing. But he wasn’t. It actually killed their rhythm offensively but I think he knows that in order to reach the finals they can’t just run counter left, QB sweep right. They will get killed just like last year. 

4 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Agree 100%. Their defense is elite. Championship level. But their offense will struggle vs the teams with speed from Region 3,4. And then they will have to pass and I think their coach knows it. That’s why he wanted to work on it vs Oneida. I think he knew Oneida would not be able to do anything offensively so he decided to work on it. He said it during the week before the game and I thought he was BS’ing. But he wasn’t. It actually killed their rhythm offensively but I think he knows that in order to reach the finals they can’t just run counter left, QB sweep right. They will get killed just like last year. 

The teams they will face this year is not last years Tyner team, My honest opinion is they can play with any team in the East, they may not win but it will be very competitive. I don't think they would match up very well with whoever comes out of the West.

• Like 1