Hampton journeys to Eagleton

Backyardbbq15

2 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

The Rich are buying up all the Land in Roan Mtn and running the farmers and working folks out. Hard to keep a little piece of Heaven quiet for too long. They’ve already moved everyone out of Avery Co. 

I know 10 acres they won't be getting.Was raised in Avery County before they took it over.Avery Co Is a totally different place from when I grew up there.

4 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Avery County has gone soft too.  They haven't fielded a physical football team since the early 00's.  That's what happens when a community fills up with liberals.  Even had their basketball teams play with masks during the plandemic.  

Completely different culture, had rough ole boys when I grew up, Had some dang good football teams as well.

5 hours ago, Swipes said:

I wouldn’t have either but they do have 5 high schools ranging from 1a to 4a in Carter County.  Scott only has two with Scott High and Oneida (3a and 2a) and Morgan County has 4 in Wartburg, Coalfield, Oakdale, and Sunbright (one 2a school and 3 1a schools).  I could see it just based on the size of schools and how many schools are in each County

Elizabethton don’t really count being it’s a city school. They have a different school board and superintendent. So there is 4 high schools and 1 city high school. Do any of those counties have a city high school 

45 minutes ago, pujo said:

I know 10 acres they won't be getting.Was raised in Avery County before they took it over.Avery Co Is a totally different place from when I grew up there.

It’s not much different from when I grew up. Half the county has always been country clubs and seasonal residents.

14 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Avery County has gone soft too.  They haven't fielded a physical football team since the early 00's.  That's what happens when a community fills up with liberals.  Even had their basketball teams play with masks during the plandemic.  

Liberals lol the county votes almost 75% Republican. 3 straight wrestling state championships says they aren’t to soft. The mask was a state rule during Covid 

Edited by Appvol

9 minutes ago, Appvol said:

It’s not much different from when I grew up. Half the county has always been country clubs and seasonal residents.

Linville resort was the only Resort when I grew up, now you have a slew but none of those people send kids to school, most are just there for the summer or retired.

36 minutes ago, pujo said:

Linville resort was the only Resort when I grew up, now you have a slew but none of those people send kids to school, most are just there for the summer or retired.

All the Country Clubs were around when I was little. I can remember when they raced Porches at the airport in Elk River when I was little. 

Edited by Appvol

29 minutes ago, pujo said:

Reckon Watauga Co is the only County around that votes Democratic. 

Are you being Serious? I refuse to believe that any Mtn Co in NC or TN votes Democratic. It’d be in their best interest to. But that’s a totally different conversation. I’m shocked to say the least. Mtn folks tend to vote conservative like 90% of West Virginia. Must be some blue dog Democrats that are actually blue Republicans. 

42 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Elizabethton don’t really count being it’s a city school. They have a different school board and superintendent. So there is 4 high schools and 1 city high school. Do any of those counties have a city high school 

Well I know Scott County High School and Oneida High School have different school districts and Director of Schools but wouldn't say they were a "City School".  I guess you could take Greeneville out of Greene County numbers and make it 4 high schools and 1 city school too since its a different district.