LC @ Gleason

shockernation

10 hours ago, mrbigster said:

It happens again.Gleason and Greenfield schedule easy teams,go 4-0 and get ranking chatter and then start playing tough teams and get blown out.LC should start trying to play Perry Co,Bruceton,McEwen,Fulton City and stop playing the 3A teams I like playing these teams but sooner or later ,LC going to tie someone in the region and they going to go to tiebreaker,most wins and going to cost LC

Unfortunately, I agree this is true. I support small schools no matter what or where, but lets just be honest here. Slipping over the state line to snag "big wins" against Ballard Memorial or Fulton County or the like should not count in playoff time TSSAA ranking. None of the teams that do this are even close to being more land locked from playing TN schools than Lake County. I understand maybe those schools have small enrollment and want to play like sized competition from time to time. I get that. But i don't think it should count in the TSSAA sanctioned playoff picture. Or in this conversation, against Lake. That's not fair.

5 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

Unfortunately, I agree this is true. I support small schools no matter what or where, but lets just be honest here. Slipping over the state line to snag "big wins" against Ballard Memorial or Fulton County or the like should not count in playoff time TSSAA ranking. None of the teams that do this are even close to being more land locked from playing TN schools than Lake County. I understand maybe those schools have small enrollment and want to play like sized competition from time to time. I get that. But i don't think it should count in the TSSAA sanctioned playoff picture. Or in this conversation, against Lake. That's not fair.

I commend Lake County for scheduling the likes of Obion Co and Dyersburg, but I also think it's unfair to hold that against the small schools that want to play someone their size.  Do you really want schools with 150 kids playing schools with 600-700?  Not much comes out of a Greenfield, Gleason, or SF playing those teams except entering games that matter with a depleted roster.  

36 minutes ago, WTFAN75 said:

I commend Lake County for scheduling the likes of Obion Co and Dyersburg, but I also think it's unfair to hold that against the small schools that want to play someone their size.  Do you really want schools with 150 kids playing schools with 600-700?  Not much comes out of a Greenfield, Gleason, or SF playing those teams except entering games that matter with a depleted roster.  

Read the post. That's what I said, play someone like sized. But play someone in Tennessee. Stewart County, Houston County, Perry County, Bruceton. They are all local enough to play anyone in NWTN & they are all in Tennessee. I totally agree there is no reason to for small schools to have to play large ones. Sometimes it's playing up to push a team to make them better. But there's a limit there.

12 minutes ago, SpottedGoat said:

Read the post. That's what I said, play someone like sized. But play someone in Tennessee. Stewart County, Houston County, Perry County, Bruceton. They are all local enough to play anyone in NWTN & they are all in Tennessee. I totally agree there is no reason to for small schools to have to play large ones. Sometimes it's playing up to push a team to make them better. But there's a limit there.

I read it. My comment was just a mere follow up to what you said. Something else to take into consideration, though, is that aren’t but a few small schools in west Kentucky. Those guys are looking for winnable games too. 

4 hours ago, WTFAN75 said:

Not trying to put those other schools down.Its hard playing larger schools with maybe 160 kids or less in school.Id like to continue playing maybe one large school or even two like Central and Dyersburg cause of distance.But voters need to look at this when LC plays the Haywood',Dyersburg.Same with Union City playing The teams they play.

7 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Not trying to put those other schools down.Its hard playing larger schools with maybe 160 kids or less in school.Id like to continue playing maybe one large school or even two like Central and Dyersburg cause of distance.But voters need to look at this when LC plays the Haywood',Dyersburg.Same with Union City playing The teams they play.

Id loved to kept Trenton on the schedule.Win or lose.LC has a very good middle school team with size and athletes and play Three Oaks,North iee,Crockett Co so think it bodes well for the future in playing larger schools.But again.Could pay a price later in case if a tie with someone playing the Perry Cos ,Bruceton,Etc instead of Haywood,Dyersburg if it comes to tie breaker Maybe schedule only one.But maybe schools like Perry Co ,Bruceton don't want to travel out of their region a pretty good distance.Doubt any of those teams would schedule Union City if they don't have to 

Edited by mrbigster

21 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

I'm glad greenfield went with tennessee teams for non region games. Stewart county, perry county, and we have TCA this week. We are a really young team. QB is a sophomore, much of the line play are sophomores. We have a freshman kicker. 8th graders coming up are gonna be solid. A few freshman starting on defense.  

39 minutes ago, Gfieldjackets05 said:

I'm glad greenfield went with tennessee teams for non region games. Stewart county, perry county, and we have TCA this week. We are a really young team. QB is a sophomore, much of the line play are sophomores. We have a freshman kicker. 8th graders coming up are gonna be solid. A few freshman starting on defense.  

Sticking with TN teams merely keeps it fair when or if it matters to post season play/rankings & mrbigster made a good point of that. TCA is going to be tough, very very tough, but good luck to the Jackets. I am glad Greenfield did that too. I'm from Dresden & can assure you the boys had rather play West Carrol or someone around local than Fulton County, KY. I'm not bashing any school by any means. Openly support small schools. Always have, always will. Like someone said, those small KY teams are prob looking for like size games too. I'm sure that's true, but they are also looking for a reason NOT to play Mayfield (that only recently,5 years?? has moved to 2A). 

One last thing, I think you are correct about Greenfield on the up. A perfect no-loss season from your middle school has them in the championship game this Thursday night. Congrats to them & good luck! I'm pulling for them. 

6 hours ago, Gfieldjackets05 said:

Again.Not putting Greenfield down.Not much to choose from like at Gleason and Lake Co.All I'm saying is some teams go 5 and 0 early with easy wins.A LC and Union City loses 2 or 3 games and the voters rank just on wins.Then when those teams play Lake Co and Union City,get beat pretty handidly

Sticking with TN teams merely keeps it fair when or if it matters to post season play/rankings & mrbigster made a good point of that. TCA is going to be tough, very very tough, but good luck to the Jackets. I am glad Greenfield did that too. I'm from Dresden & can assure you the boys had rather play West Carrol or someone around local than Fulton County, KY. I'm not bashing any school by any means. Openly support small schools. Always have, always will. Like someone said, those small KY teams are prob looking for like size games too. I'm sure that's true, but they are also looking for a reason NOT to play Mayfield (that only recently,5 years?? has moved to 2A). 

One last thing, I think you are correct about Greenfield on the up. A perfect no-loss season from your middle school has them in the championship game this Thursday night. Congrats to them & good luck! I'm pulling for them. 

And I understand playing Tenn schools.But Fulton Co which we don't play is probably 20 min away from Tiptonville

I hope the middle school team  at Greenfield helps later.I know it's tough.Bit LC has very good middle school team,beating much larger schools,Crockett Co,Three Oaks bad who is feeder school for Dyer Co,Dresden,and a 6 point loss to North iee,another Dyer Co feeder school.Think South Fulton going to be very tough next year

Edited by mrbigster

Again.Not a knock on Gleason.Greenfield etc.Just I'm saying voters need to look at teams they play.Not just wins.Kike In Gleason case.Many had them wanting to be ranked as how they started.Then comes along LC who scored 62 points.And Union City with tough losses.Id never as a voter,pick a 5 and o team with wins against Perry Co, Bruce ton etc over a Union City with losses to Dresden and Ensworth and that's what voters do.Well the 5 and 0.Union City is 3 and 2.Basically they don't really know football or don't take their job seriously or just don't care.