MARION AT FORREST 2023

GeneralForrest

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest walked the dog on Marion for 33 minutes.  If you had not seen a score you'd be convinced Forrest was dominating. 

Due to coaching incompetence, they still managed to lose by 2 scores. 

More commentary soon. 

That's the thing with having speed at skill positions. A team can go ground and pound for 7 or 8 minutes and score but in 1 play that drive can be totally forgotten.

Whether or not the same coaches are there the next couple seasons I believe Forrest will get over the hump. There are a lot of good kids on that team.

8 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

With everything going against this team, coaching etc, they nearly pulled off the upset of the year vs. undefeated #3 ranked Marion.  G squared got more carries and he went for over 100 yds (this is what we have been asking for! (-it’s not Rocket Science! See what I did there?)

And G squared nailed the game winning FG except that due to poor coaching, someone was offsides- which forced a 2nd kick that was blocked and returned to the 20yd line- ball game.

Fantastic Fields did his thing and the Bell brothers showed up, Forrest just needed a few middle schoolers out there playing and we would have gotten the victory..

How’d I do? Poor substitute for witchy witch I know…

On 10/10/2023 at 7:33 PM, cascadehomer said:

With everything going against this team, coaching etc, they nearly pulled off the upset of the year vs. undefeated #3 ranked Marion.  G squared got more carries and he went for over 100 yds (this is what we have been asking for! (-it’s not Rocket Science! See what I did there?)

And G squared nailed the game winning FG except that due to poor coaching, someone was offsides- which forced a 2nd kick that was blocked and returned to the 20yd line- ball game.

Fantastic Fields did his thing and the Bell brothers showed up, Forrest just needed a few middle schoolers out there playing and we would have gotten the victory..

How’d I do? Poor substitute for witchy witch I know…

Could you give your take on someone jumping offsides the Coaches fault? Did the Coach prod the young man in the ars with a cattle prod?

• Upvote 1