MARION AT FORREST 2023

GeneralForrest

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Don't post here. 

I’m not not the only one on here that thinks you need to get off the back of your coach….People on here not just me are starting to have any respect for your comments on here cause all you do is have sarcastic comments about your coaches and other teams and programs….Everybody that is on here that reads your comments and posts sees it ….it’s getting old and ridiculous……Nobody has respect for that kind of stuff I promise you….Just trying to offer advice to you for what it’s worth…..

14 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I like the General.   I think his criticism is warranted.   I don't follow Forrest.  He does. He seems genuinely concerned about the state of the program.  

I like most of his posts …just the ones where there is so much sarcasm of Forrest Head Coach…. We all understand his passion and support for Forrest sports… Totally respect that and we see his frustration….but just don’t seem like the right people care about his opinions…..I do like though most of the General’s posts on here just not the constant bashing of the Forrest Head Football coach…

10 hours ago, RaiderzFan said:

I’m not not the only one on here that thinks you need to get off the back of your coach….People on here not just me are starting to have any respect for your comments on here cause all you do is have sarcastic comments about your coaches and other teams and programs….Everybody that is on here that reads your comments and posts sees it ….it’s getting old and ridiculous……Nobody has respect for that kind of stuff I promise you….Just trying to offer advice to you for what it’s worth…..

*Posted AMA

On 10/12/2023 at 10:03 PM, RaiderzFan said:

thanks for having my back 

On 10/12/2023 at 10:21 PM, Southtowner said:

I like the General.   I think his criticism is warranted.   I don't follow Forrest.  He does. He seems genuinely concerned about the state of the program.  

Somehow I just got around to this and you beat me to it by a week, but you took the words out of my head and posted them. At first, I thought that General might just be a disgruntled fan...after seeing them play a couple of times over the last few years & what they sometimes (once in a blue moon) can do against very good competition, then comparing that to what they typically do against not so formidable teams I have to acknowledge what's said by the General & Salem as fact. You don't lose the games they lost and play toe to toe against the Waverly squad from a couple of years ago, or lose the games this season and then make Marion look like a .500 team a couple of weeks ago.

@tradertwo with a sound post.

and i have disagreed with him in the past. we aren't blood brothers, but he is usually well-thought, whether we are on the same side or not. 

humans are occasionally disgruntled. someone who fakes a happy-go-lucky 24/7 will have zero credibility.

the people who have read me year in and year out, they know i love the team and give tons of praise. i praise other teams. i follow what they do and can tell you if most of the schools in the state are on an upswing or downswing. are they going to compete to go to chattanooga, etc. 

even the ones who come after me, they can't point to anything unfair i've said about THEIR school.  they are literally criticizing me for giving my opinions about the team i follow. it's unheard of. if someone has an opinion of their school that isn't completely homer, wouldn't that person have MORE credibility? one who has seen the team play their last 100, 200 or even more games?

they're just desperate to "beat" me..to gain even a small victory in their even tinier minds. when i post everyone reacts. when i dont post people react to me not posting. on this thread people wondered why i WASN'T bashing. 

you cant win, except that i already have. 

13 hours ago, tradertwo said:

You don't lose the games they lost and play toe to toe against the Waverly squad from a couple of years ago, or lose the games this season and then make Marion look like a .500 team a couple of weeks ago.

This is why this guy is a top poster on the T.

Gordonsville and Watertown are well coached and fundamentally sound.  Forrest is not. The rosters are similar. (I would argue we had better players but say they are even or slightly better). We were outscored 48-7. It was a strategical massacre. An X and O mismatch. We could swap head coaches, practice for two weeks, and replay the games. The result would be reversed. The same mistakes from the same players in Game 1 are made every week this season. Discipline and blocking technique, AWOL.  

What possible reason would two guys spend on here trashing a good coach? Why would we waste our time discussing a program with no talent or potential? At times we look like the high school football version of Major League where the principal and coach are colluding to wreck the season and we're in season 6. Both of the teams you mentioned who gave Waverly a good run in the playoffs were 5 win regular season teams. One was mercy ruled 4 times and was down to Watertown 48-0 at halftime at homecoming.