Will Maryville make a change this offseason?

ILB1999

Maryvile is currently 4-3.  Two of their next three games (Cleveland, Farragut) have to be considered 50/50 games at this point.  They will lose to Alcoa again.  I always thought the new coach was very good and will be saddled with ridiculous expectations, but will all these factors lead to a coaching change in the off-season?  Honestly not saying they should, but it's pretty clear the natives are restless and the home crowds are sparse.

To me it looks like Maryville isn't playing the game of recruiting as much as others when you look at them they don't make you say wow like they have in the past. They will do all the little things right still, but the overall athleticism isn't there anymore. Now don't get me wrong they are still a good program, but their region is the toughest region outside of maybe the rutherford county schools. 

Fans have to realize this isn't the 4a region they were used to dominating. They have put an expectation that is not as obtainable as it was before. If whoever the new guy is and whenever he comes he better start hitting the streets for players so they can compete with the rest of 6A who is doing it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

To me it looks like Maryville isn't playing the game of recruiting as much as others when you look at them they don't make you say wow like they have in the past. They will do all the little things right still, but the overall athleticism isn't there anymore. Now don't get me wrong they are still a good program, but their region is the toughest region outside of maybe the rutherford county schools. 

Fans have to realize this isn't the 4a region they were used to dominating. They have put an expectation that is not as obtainable as it was before. If whoever the new guy is and whenever he comes he better start hitting the streets for players so they can compete with the rest of 6A who is doing it. 

The reason Maryville isn't getting any kids it's because the school has overgrown its limits and they're no longer accepting tuition students. Plans are to add on to Maryville High and they're doing so as we chat but it'll be a couple of years before it's done. Like I said in another thread if boo Carter lived a few feet from the city limit and wanted to go to Maryville they couldn't accept him. That has had a bearing on the program. The only way Maryville High will change coaches if the present one stepped down. The leadership at Maryville High doesn't give a rats azz about the football or any other sport. If coach Hunt didn't want the job anymore I can assure you Rang isn't interested and very content where he's at. He has a great relationship with Coach Gattis and asked him to take over during that one game suspension. 

9 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The reason Maryville isn't getting any kids it's because the school has overgrown its limits and they're no longer accepting tuition students. Plans are to add on to Maryville High and they're doing so as we chat but it'll be a couple of years before it's done. Like I said in another thread if boo Carter lived a few feet from the city limit and wanted to go to Maryville they couldn't accept him. That has had a bearing on the program. The only way Maryville High will change coaches if the present one stepped down. The leadership at Maryville High doesn't give a rats azz about the football or any other sport. If coach Hunt didn't want the job anymore I can assure you Rang isn't interested and very content where he's at. He has a great relationship with Coach Gattis and asked him to take over during that one game suspension. 

Rang will leave when OR gets the bump to 6A. There are ways around the tuition issue. Not like the tuition kids were really paying anyway. Just use a zoned address and they cant turnt them down. I just don't think the current staff wants to deal with all that backdoor deals headache. 

If Maryville wanted a program based on back door deals they would be all over the NIL. I've said it about game one time listen to a man over at Webb High School running that yapper about how Maryville High recruits. I jumped at an approached it and opened up my jacket with a Maryville state championship shirt on and ask the guy who told you all that crap. I told him there ain't one thing you've told to all these people standing here that isn't a blatant lie passed down from one fibber to the next.