Franklin coach dismissed. Unbelievable!!

runtheball

2 hours ago, TightRip58BlackO said:

Okay, clearly you don't want to hear what anyone else is saying. Read the article that was shared. If you still think the guy sucks after that, then the discussion isn't even worth having. 

Just playing devils advocate here…

No one is going to publicly go on record as an employer and say “well he was a terrible person and sucked as a coach”.

I have never heard a coach go on record and say “doesn’t surprise me that they let him go. I mean, have you seen the guys record? It was the easiest game we played all year. Terrible product and terrible coach.”

The article was written like every other article in the media, to illicit a respond and get more clicks. I don’t really have a stance on the timing of this, but to base our opinions on a newspaper article would be a bit shortsighted at best. His time was done at the end of the season regardless. 

1 hour ago, ILB1999 said:

isnt' that down to the coach?

Not one bit. Alex Melton by every single account is an upstanding coach who does everything by the book including not recruiting. It’s not his fault that Lipscomb Academy, BA, Ensworth, etc. don’t follow the rules and recruit his players. 

Edited by memphisfbguru12
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, memphisfbguru12 said:

Not one bit. Alex Melton by every single account is an upstanding coach who does everything by the book including not recruiting. It’s not his fault that Lipscomb Academy, BA, Ensworth, etc. don’t follow the rules and recruit his players. 

Every other public school in Middle TN has the same problem. With football in this state today,  where your zoned doesn't mean a whole lot. Melton by all accounts is a really good coordinator, but may not be ready to be a Head Coach. Nothing wrong with just being a coordinator.  Timing sucks but it also gives then a Head start on the process before other programs 

5 hours ago, eers said:

Just playing devils advocate here…

No one is going to publicly go on record as an employer and say “well he was a terrible person and sucked as a coach”.

I have never heard a coach go on record and say “doesn’t surprise me that they let him go. I mean, have you seen the guys record? It was the easiest game we played all year. Terrible product and terrible coach.”

The article was written like every other article in the media, to illicit a respond and get more clicks. I don’t really have a stance on the timing of this, but to base our opinions on a newspaper article would be a bit shortsighted at best. His time was done at the end of the season regardless. 

I found it odd the article said as much as it did in praising a guy they just canned.  Most "separation notices" nowadays read, "we have decided to part ways...we thank the coach for his service and wish him well in his next endeavor". 

FWIW, Franklin down 13-0 in the 1st.

Edited by JRB

I think they were wrong to dismiss the coach with three games left but is zoning and private school recruiting really something new?  My guys played at Centennial and when my oldest was a 9th grader, they had 30+ kids on the freshmen team.  Independence opened the following fall and they lost about half the team to the new school.  And does anyone remember a Vol linebacker named Ryan Karl?  Lived in the heart of the CHS zone but went to BGA.