Bolivar at Westview

Madddog2020

I like Bolivar, I think their staff has done a good job this year, I watched them vs South Side and while they were smaller (very small in most spots) they fought hard, had good schemes, and they finished the game (something a Bolivar team hasn't done in a while). But Westview is a different animal, much like the Covington, Dyersburg, and Ripley games for them I think they will struggle to get off their field. They scored (22, 24, and 38) against those guys but allowed (62, 56, and 45) so I expect more of the same here. Give me Westview over Bolivar 49 - 28 in a must win for both teams. 

The Bolivar quarterback is a great player. The trouble is that in my opinion he is the only thing they have. When Covington played them, it looked to me like beside playing QB, he also played defense, and I know he was on their kickoff return team, because a couple of our short kicks went to him. I wonder if he ever came off the field.

Now, Bolivar will probably score with him at the controls, but I wonder if their defense can stop Westview. I don’t think so. 

Massey predicts Westview to take this one 42-14.

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

The Bolivar quarterback is a great player. The trouble is that in my opinion he is the only thing they have. When Covington played them, it looked to me like beside playing QB, he also played defense, and I know he was on their kickoff return team, because a couple of our short kicks went to him. I wonder if he ever came off the field.

Now, Bolivar will probably score with him at the controls, but I wonder if their defense can stop Westview. I don’t think so. 

Massey predicts Westview to take this one 42-14.

I agree, I do not think the defense can stop Westview. I do think that the offense will put up more then 14 though. That QB is a heck of a ball player and they utilize that well, and they looked to have some athletes too, but those athletes did not play very well when I watched outside of the QB and the RB really. 

4 minutes ago, BigGuy11 said:

I agree, I do not think the defense can stop Westview. I do think that the offense will put up more then 14 though. That QB is a heck of a ball player and they utilize that well, and they looked to have some athletes too, but those athletes did not play very well when I watched outside of the QB and the RB really. 

I don’t know bolivars coaches name. He looked like a pretty young guy to me. I do think that he’s doing a good job with the team though. But everything definitely goes through their QB. He’s a good football player! Great athlete. Think I heard someone say he a good Cather on the baseball field as well.

When you barely survive against McNairy who's only win was against a winless 1A school, I just can't see Bolivar keeping this close. Westview had a rough go on senior night by Dyersburg, (need we even bring up the Primetime conversations?). So, to me it's all about mentality of the team. Does Westview shake it off & get back on track on their last regular home game? Or are they mentally beat and let this be a closer game than it should be? Or even take a loss?

I think the I'll take Westview by 20+

9 minutes ago, SuperBowlKid1489 said:

Westview will take this game for sure, but Bolivar's QB is without a doubt the best in the region. A little more talent around him and that Bolivar team could have been dangerous this year! :thumb:

Totally agree with this. Carson Howell is the real deal. Some quality play this year at the Quarterback positions in Region 7-3A.

6 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

When you barely survive against McNairy who's only win was against a winless 1A school, I just can't see Bolivar keeping this close. Westview had a rough go on senior night by Dyersburg, (need we even bring up the Primetime conversations?). So, to me it's all about mentality of the team. Does Westview shake it off & get back on track on their last regular home game? Or are they mentally beat and let this be a closer game than it should be? Or even take a loss?

I think the I'll take Westview by 20+

Did somebody say Primetime? Lol

As previously mentioned, Howell  is a stud! One of the slipperiest dudes I’ve ever seen on a west Tennessee field. He’ll score, but it’ll probably be on his own. He doesn’t have much help around him. Dang tough and relentless kid though! That being said, Westview 48-24 type score

3 hours ago, TrojanLC said:

Did somebody say Primetime? Lol

As previously mentioned, Howell  is a stud! One of the slipperiest dudes I’ve ever seen on a west Tennessee field. He’ll score, but it’ll probably be on his own. He doesn’t have much help around him. Dang tough and relentless kid though! That being said, Westview 48-24 type score

Yeah I just checked unapproved website on his stats:

1,355 Passing

13 Passing Touchdowns 

3 Interceptions 

96.2 QBR

132 Rushes 

874 Rushing Yards

12 Rushing Touchdowns

I can see he IS the offense this year!

Still going Westview 49-28, but this Howell kid is having a special season.

• Like 1