Lewis County vs PURE Academy

Pizzpatriot2

Just checking up on this week’s action and noticed highly ranked power house Lewis Co takes on what seems like a Memphis school which, has not won a game. However, their scores show close games (within seven points I think) with the exception Pearl Cohn and maybe one other team.

All jokes aside, this team, though only in existence for a few years, has played some quality opponents. Though winless, they very well could slip in and beat Hohenwald. I don’t know much about PURE and only about Hohenwald’s tradition, but this game might actually be a good one!

I imagine PURE has speed. I doubt any of their fans are posters on here but does anyone know anything about them?

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

The only thing PURE is your hatred for Hohenwald.   :popcorneater:

I'm sure it must be monotonous playing those weak 1A schools over there in the East so, I guess you have an understanding of what is happening down in Hohenwald. Instead of hijacking this thread to spew personal negativity towards a poster, how about adding substance to this topic If not, why post at all? It is actually a good thread starter. This game may actually be a good game. 

If they do slip up and beat Hohenwald, looking at who they have played thus far this year, I really do not know if I would call it an upset. With the exception of that Mississippi school and Pearl Cohn, they pretty much have hung in there with those other schools including Cookeville and Haywood, which are much larger schools. That Blackman game looks like it may have been just a weird game. 

14 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Just checking up on this week’s action and noticed highly ranked power house Lewis Co takes on what seems like a Memphis school which, has not won a game. However, their scores show close games (within seven points I think) with the exception Pearl Cohn and maybe one other team.

All jokes aside, this team, though only in existence for a few years, has played some quality opponents. Though winless, they very well could slip in and beat Hohenwald. I don’t know much about PURE and only about Hohenwald’s tradition, but this game might actually be a good one!

I imagine PURE has speed. I doubt any of their fans are posters on here but does anyone know anything about them?

Although Pure is small in numbers, they do have size and speed. Some hard hitting linebackers. They play hard. Got to respect a team with their schedule all being road games.

14 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I do think y’all can handle them though.

13 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

He is not a Lewis Co fan.  He did not start this thread to sincerely discuss the game in spite how it may appear. 

Oh I know! I was just seeing if he wanted to actually have a football chat about a game. He ask you and Towner to not spew negativity towards him, so I was trying to see if he wanted to have an intellectual conversation about the game. But I know the answer. Just another bash session about Lewis County. 

2 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Oh I know! I was just seeing if he wanted to actually have a football chat about a game. He ask you and Towner to not spew negativity towards him, so I was trying to see if he wanted to have an intellectual conversation about the game. But I know the answer. Just another bash session about Lewis County. 

Those kids at Lewis Co., like so many other kids playing football, work their butt off. They sweat, bleed and give their all to a game we love to watch. I can’t stand to see someone run them (or any team) down. The kids that are on the teams deserve better. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

He is not a Lewis Co fan.  He did not start this thread to sincerely discuss the game in spite how it may appear. 

Now, I’m sure that, by now, no one thinks I’m a LC fan but, that doesn’t mean there can’t be discussion on this game. Also, it’s been stated so many times about the weak schedule however, that has not been mentioned in this topic of this thread. So, chill out dude.

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

This is not the typical bash thread. This was started to genuinely discuss this game. It very well is an intriguing match up. Though I don’t know anything about PURE, their W/L record may be deceiving. They have played some larger teams but yet, were close in score at the end. That, in itself, could make them formidable against a smaller school like Hohenwald.

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Those kids at Lewis Co., like so many other kids playing football, work their butt off. They sweat, bleed and give their all to a game we love to watch. I can’t stand to see someone run them (or any team) down. The kids that are on the teams deserve better. 

Amen brother!