Bearden @ OR

SweetScience

Jayzon Thompson claims another victim this week. Great game by him. Great game by really everyone on the field, no negatives anywhere except obviously the center for Oak Ridge at the end of the game. But other than one downed player for Bearden, I’m pretty sure both teams stayed healthy. I love to see it. Good luck to the cats for the rest of the season, but always remember, dogs rule cats drool.

9 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

Jayzon Thompson claims another victim this week. Great game by him. Great game by really everyone on the field, no negatives anywhere except obviously the center for Oak Ridge at the end of the game. But other than one downed player for Bearden, I’m pretty sure both teams stayed healthy. I love to see it. Good luck to the cats for the rest of the season, but always remember, dogs rule cats drool.

Congratulations on the win. I was honestly impressed with OR. We hung in there and gave one of the best teams in 6A all they wanted. Never know what could’ve happened without that bad snap near the end, because I thought we were moving the ball really well and had some momentum. Just unfortunate for our guys, but they have nothing to hang their heads about. Best wishes to Bearden the rest of the way. Playing games like this can only be a benefit to both teams before the playoffs.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

Congratulations on the win. I was honestly impressed with OR. We hung in there and gave one of the best teams in 6A all they wanted. Never know what could’ve happened without that bad snap near the end, because I thought we were moving the ball really well and had some momentum. Just unfortunate for our guys, but they have nothing to hang their heads about. Best wishes to Bearden the rest of the way. Playing games like this can only be a benefit to both teams before the playoffs.

OR passed the ball very well tonight, but had a hard time running on that Bearden defense 

6 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

OR passed the ball very well tonight, but had a hard time running on that Bearden defense 

Dozier 22 carries for 132. Not bad at all, my friend. He just didn’t have any real long runs, but that’s a really good night against that D. Nobody has ran on them much all year. We ran blocked really well in the 2nd half I thought.

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

OR got tired. Beaden wore them down which many expected.

Bearden 33 OR 26 1 minute 22 left

Bearden's OL is just stronger than OR's DL. They're a better team. It was a really good HS ballgame with few penalties and I wish OR had won, but, I'm pleased with our effort. Hat's off to the mighty Bulldogs of Bearden.

35 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Tough well coached crew. Bearden is so deep, they just keep sending in these fast kids. Coach Gaddis told me pre season that Josh thinks they can win the state next season. They'll be a hard out for anyone, IMO.

34 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Dozier 22 carries for 132. Not bad at all, my friend. He just didn’t have any real long runs, but that’s a really good night against that D. Nobody has ran on them much all year. We ran blocked really well in the 2nd half I thought.

Derek made some adjustments at halftime. Helped the run and pass game and the D, but, Bearden's OL just flat wore our DL down to a frazzle late. Still, fun game against a real good team, I ain't too sad about it.