Bearden @ OR

SweetScience

2 hours ago, bounder said:

Yeah SS maybe hit the lottery, as the price just keeps going up and up on building materials. 

Thanks for the good words on "The Ship"  Dawgz4life we're real proud of it and Coach Rang has the Pride back in our Cats and a lot of fight, too.

Lookin forward to Friday night at "The Ship' with your Dawgs!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

It should definitely be a very fun game, 6-1 vs. 5-2 last year. Obviously, we won, and it was a big staple in the program, especially with Coach Jones and what he can do on the field. It’s a non-district game. Hopefully neither team gets hit with an injury bug. And then next week we obviously have Morristown-Hamblen West, which you know, they have a football team, and then obviously the big game, Bradley Central, so hopefully there’s no injuries and both teams can roll into playoff time better than ever.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

It should definitely be a very fun game, 6-1 vs. 5-2 last year. Obviously, we won, and it was a big staple in the program, especially with Coach Jones and what he can do on the field. It’s a non-district game. Hopefully neither team gets hit with an injury bug. And then next week we obviously have Morristown-Hamblen West, which you know, they have a football team, and then obviously the big game, Bradley Central, so hopefully there’s no injuries and both teams can roll into playoff time better than ever.

I’m going with the Dawgs, 31-17. Unfortunately I think the Cats will be hard pressed to put up many points against the vaunted Bearden D.

Edited by SweetScience

On 10/9/2023 at 9:12 AM, BeardenBullies said:

good out of region matchup. no one talks like the wildcats. we are banged up pretty good but i think we still get it done. they had chances to beat us last year and should have but not this year. bearden 35 wildkittens 21

Kinda what I'm thinking. Hope you're wrong though!

9 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Bearden has the beast on the line. But OR seams to be rolling along pretty good. That's a lot of points for Bearden. I think Bearden can take the game but this being in OR they will be ready. I think this will be a good close game especially if OR can pass it well. A good chance to see what kind of defense and offence OR has at this point against a Beast in Bearden. 

Heard Austin Price say he thinks Bearden's secondary will win them this game, so we'll see. He picked FHS to beat us last Friday, he ain't perfect.

1 hour ago, ipb7 said:

Heard Austin Price say he thinks Bearden's secondary will win them this game, so we'll see. He picked FHS to beat us last Friday, he ain't perfect.

I think everyone but Packer picked Bearden. Sometimes I think they are grabbing for straws however Price stated he does his research but yet again however tonight he indicated 1st round North View and Gibbs indicating or expressing Gibbs will beat AC. I can't fathom that. It should not even be a close one from my Rose covered glasses if that's what he was meaning lol. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I think everyone but Packer picked Bearden. Sometimes I think they are grabbing for straws however Price stated he does his research but yet again however tonight he indicated 1st round North View and Gibbs indicating or expressing Gibbs will beat AC. I can't fathom that. It should not even be a close one from my Rose covered glasses if that's what he was meaning lol. 

Gibbs is a very good team, and I’m surprised I haven’t heard anybody talk about them before. I don’t even know if they have fans, but they are a pretty decent team this season. I don’t see them losing another game this year. Maybe they will lose that in Fulton, and maybe they will lose that, but I doubt it. But why am I talking about Gibbs? I’m like those Maryville fans that raid random threads and make it about Maryville, but anyway, give me Oak Ridge winning this one, but I don’t think it really matters. Just hope both teams get out injury-free and ready for the playoffs.

33 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

Gibbs is a very good team, and I’m surprised I haven’t heard anybody talk about them before. I don’t even know if they have fans, but they are a pretty decent team this season. I don’t see them losing another game this year. Maybe they will lose that in Fulton, and maybe they will lose that, but I doubt it. But why am I talking about Gibbs? I’m like those Maryville fans that raid random threads and make it about Maryville, but anyway, give me Oak Ridge winning this one, but I don’t think it really matters. Just hope both teams get out injury-free and ready for the playoffs.

Not to take this further off topic, but I don't know that I'd say Gibbs is "very good." They're a decent team that has taken advantage of a very weak schedule. They haven't beaten anyone with a winning record, and the combined record of the opponents they've defeated is 12-44. They even struggled against a winless Mo East team last week.

Some AC folks tried to make the same argument about Carter leading up to the AC-Carter game a few weeks ago, and I think the same thing applies to the Hornets. That region just isn't very good this year, outside of AC. SD and Fulton are way down. Seymour is a doormat. Carter and Gibbs are just decent teams that have beaten up on the talent-deficient teams on their schedules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Not to take this further off topic, but I don't know that I'd say Gibbs is "very good." They're a decent team that has taken advantage of a very weak schedule. They haven't beaten anyone with a winning record, and the combined record of the opponents they've defeated is 12-44. They even struggled against a winless Mo East team last week.

Some AC folks tried to make the same argument about Carter leading up to the AC-Carter game a few weeks ago, and I think the same thing applies to the Hornets. That region just isn't very good this year, outside of AC. SD and Fulton are way down. Seymour is a doormat. Carter and Gibbs are just decent teams that have beaten up on the talent-deficient teams on their schedules.

I agree. AC should beat Gibbs by 21+

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Yeah, I really gotta start looking at their schedules before I look at their record and give them a ranking. Yeah they’ve beating nobody’s maybe they will struggle with Anderson County. Lol

Edited by Dawgz4life
Anderson County*