AP 2A TOP 10 OCT 9, 2023

Southtowner

8 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

Yes we do. But we aren’t as good of a team this year as we have had the last couple of years 

I understand.   But General is giving me the "vibe"  that losing to 1A Gordonsville is somehow beneath his 2A Forrest squad. 

Edited by Southtowner
I'm the Editor

Just now, TheBlueprint said:

From my perspective it looks like we were 24 points above his Forrest squad 

I do believe things have "snowballed" for them.  I made a statement before their game vs Cascade, that if they didn't win that one, they would lose out.  I stand by that. Maybe they'll get the change they are asking for.  

16 hours ago, TheBlueprint said:

If a 1A can beat them, so can 2A. That’s all I was saying. Don’t really know it went over everybody’s head on this thread. I’ll leave. Carry on 

We get what you're saying, but, and I won't delve into it to deep, we should have not lost to Mckenzie this year. Last year Mckenzie beat us, this year we beat ourselves. That's about all I will say on the matter because, apparently, words and sentences get peoples panties in a wad. We are beatable, as are most teams on Friday nights. (or Thursday nights)

20 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

We get what you're saying, but, and I won't delve into it to deep, we should have not lost to Mckenzie this year. Last year Mckenzie beat us, this year we beat ourselves. That's about all I will say on the matter because, apparently, words and sentences get peoples panties in a wad. We are beatable, as are most teams on Friday nights. (or Thursday nights)

I think Huntingdon is definitely capable of beating  McKenzie, but just to outright say you would definitely beat McKenzie is not a guarantee. Newsflash Mckenzie has improved as well. This statement is made every time you lose to Mckenzie. Some even had the nerve to make the statement last year which was downright delusional. I have a lot respect for Huntingdon's program, but some of the posters on here need to come back down earth a little bit. With that said, I wish Huntingdon the best of luck as I have a lot of lifelong friends from Huntingdon who have kids involved in the athletic programs. 

1 hour ago, RexKwonDo said:

I think Huntingdon is definitely capable of beating  McKenzie, but just to outright say you would definitely beat McKenzie is not a guarantee. Newsflash Mckenzie has improved as well. This statement is made every time you lose to Mckenzie. Some even had the nerve to make the statement last year which was downright delusional. I have a lot respect for Huntingdon's program, but some of the posters on here need to come back down earth a little bit. With that said, I wish Huntingdon the best of luck as I have a lot of lifelong friends from Huntingdon who have kids involved in the athletic programs. 

I am aware that teams get better as the season progresses. As you seen in the post you quoted, I gave McKenzie their props by stating that they beat us last year. They had the best team I personally have seen at McKenzie last year. If we compete and get beat that's one thing, but our coaches did not have our guys prepared to play our biggest rivals. I bleed blue and gold to the core, of course I'm going to be a little salty about that. I am no expert at high school football and have been wrong many times and will be wrong many more times, but I have no doubt we could have won that game this year if we were prepared to play. I never said we would blow them out, but I believe we could have won that game. Even though I despise McKenzie, I have respect for Comer and the way he runs the football program there.

That's ridiculous the Marion Co tied York. York beat 4A 6-1 Stone Memorial and has had a much tougher schedule. They beat #7 Clay Co 26-0, beat Oneida 28-0 when they were tied for 1st in the region at Oneida, beat a very good Bledsoe Co 27-17 at Bledsioe Co. Marion County has beaten ONE team with a winning record, Sequatchie Co 5-3 and one team that was 4-4. The rest all had losing records. Tonight York beat defending state champion #3 Friendship Christian who scored on their first drive and not again. You scored and went for 2 in the 3rd quarter and had a player all along in the end zone. York lined up to kick the PAT and faked it and Friendship was completely fooled. We were on the 6 with about minute to go and could have scored again but took a knee three times and ran out the clock. York also had 2 interceptions. Friendship's line was huge...much bigger than York's. Also York is home grown. FC can recruit from anywhere.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

That's ridiculous the Marion Co tied York. York beat 4A 6-1 Stone Memorial and has had a much tougher schedule. They beat #7 Clay Co 26-0, beat Oneida 28-0 when they were tied for 1st in the region at Oneida, beat a very good Bledsoe Co 27-17 at Bledsioe Co. Marion County has beaten ONE team with a winning record, Sequatchie Co 5-3 and one team that was 4-4. The rest all had losing records. Tonight York beat defending state champion #3 Friendship Christian who scored on their first drive and not again. You scored and went for 2 in the 3rd quarter and had a player all along in the end zone. York lined up to kick the PAT and faked it and Friendship was completely fooled. We were on the 6 with about minute to go and could have scored again but took a knee three times and ran out the clock. York also had 2 interceptions. Friendship's line was huge...much bigger than York's. Also York is home grown. FC can recruit from anywhere.

From a Marion Co fan we can't control what voters say. We know that we aren't a #1 team in the state. York has a very good team and from the games I've watched of their's they don't get rattled. Maybe both teams can win out and settle it on the field. In my opinion Smith may be the best in the east with York close behind.