AP 2A TOP 10 OCT 9, 2023

Southtowner

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

I've seen most of these play.Huntingdon is huge and undisputed #1.Nobody in 2A will beat them.#2 team is whoever makes it to Chattanooga.

Huntingdon got beat by 2 scores by a 1A school. They very well may be the best team but to say no one will beat them when someone already has doesn’t seem very reasonable

• Upvote 1

I see the good guys from down there in Hohenwald is still ranked in the Top 10. Maybe that momentum will carry them past the second round this year and they get a rematch with Loretto in the third. That would be a game to watch! If so and, if my Patriots are not playing in round three (as is the tradition of late) I may travel to watch that game. It would be a match up of district rivals from the good ole AA days!

I'm just wondering however, if Hohenwald will still be around after the round two of the playoffs? They had a heck of a run last year with a new coach that brought in new football and it paid off!

26 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

Huntingdon got beat by 2 scores by a 1A school. They very well may be the best team but to say no one will beat them when someone already has doesn’t seem very reasonable

Swenson didn't have the boys prepared, mentally or physically, for the 1st game of the season. Against a rival at that. Are we unbeatable? Absolutely not. But I wouldn't judge us on the 1st game of the season. We've shown everyone who we are, 6 weeks straight. 

2 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

Swenson didn't have the boys prepared, mentally or physically, for the 1st game of the season. Against a rival at that. Are we unbeatable? Absolutely not. But I wouldn't judge us on the 1st game of the season. We've shown everyone who we are, 6 weeks straight. 

Exactly what was meant in my earlier post. You guys very well could be the best team and I’m not taking anything away from your team, all I said was you aren’t unbeatable 

1 minute ago, stangsby3 said:

Yall are the frontrunner for sure.  Just have to finish.  

I can assure you that Huntingdon does not believe that we are unbeatable. As a matter of fact we know that if we dont play with the exact effort that we played against Riverside and Milan, we will undoubtedly be watching the Blue Cross Bowl on TV rather than participating in it.  This Town and team are HUNGRY for a chance to get that gold ball. If we can continue to play at this level, then I think we will get that shot. We respect Milan and Riverside to much to think we have this in the bag.