AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 9, 2023

Southtowner

19 minutes ago, Dog13 said:

Clay has filled most positions vacated from last years team pretty good. QB and line most experienced. I think they can compete with most 1a schools. They’ve played a tougher schedule this year for sure.  Gordonsville I expect will still be the toughest as usual. Clay hadn’t won there in a long time. I for one can’t wait till October 27.

I’m going to have to disagree that you have played a tougher schedule but everybody is entitled to their own opinion

However I also can’t wait til October 27th

4 hours ago, TheBlueprint said:

I’m going to have to disagree that you have played a tougher schedule but everybody is entitled to their own opinion

However I also can’t wait til October 27th

York a lot better this year. Monroe co ky a lot better than Clinton co ky. Portland a lot better then scott co. Trousdale better than Grundy. And Monterey on schedule now. 

Edited by Dog13
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dog13 said:

York a lot better this year. Monroe co my a lot better than Clinton co my. Portland slot better than scott co. Trousdale better than Grundy. And Monterey on schedule now. 

I misread. I thought you were meaning Clay played a tougher schedule that Gordonsville this year. I apologize

I agree with everything in this post though for sure 

I'm not sleeping on Mckenzie. There offense will be tough for any team to stop. Right now it's a 5 team race for the west. Everyone wants to keep implying that Moore County is the favorite to beat in the west but I'm telling you Dresden is a different animal.Dresden has beat 2 of the 5. And I'm not sure MC will make it past Mckenzie. Union City and Mase will probably beat the tar out of each other and one will have to come and play at Dresden.

If you take Lake County and maybe even West Carroll and put them in Moore Countys region there the 2 seed easy.

IMO Dresden, MASE, Moore County and Union City are all real close to each other as far as the best teams in the West bracket. I think that anyone of those teams will represent the west cand have a legitimate shot of knocking off So. Pitt in Chattanooga. McKenzie and Lake County would be the next two in the west. IMO anyone of the 6 teams mentioned above would play So. Pitt in the semifinals in the east if they were in the east bracket. Before anyone gets upset remember it's just my opinion. I believe the west is overall stronger than the east in 1A football.

Booger nose stuff....R7 and Lynchburg scrap this contest out for them skilletheads from south kimbrell...

..the LC thing is intreagin ......but not a large as their good runs

....anything else happens is a rare missed Booger Pickin

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger

4 minutes ago, Booger said:

Booger nose stuff....R7 and Lynchburg scrap this contest out for them skilletheads from south kimbrell...

..the LC thing is intreagin ......but not a large as their good runs

....anything else happens is a rare missed Booger Pickin

No this years addition of the Falcons is down compared to alot of Lake County past teams. LC might could shock one legitimate playoff contender but I don't think they could run the gauntlet that the west bracket will have this year. 

20 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

No this years addition of the Falcons is down compared to alot of Lake County past teams. LC might could shock one legitimate playoff contender but I don't think they could run the gauntlet that the west bracket will have this year. 

that contest tween LC and GB was one the Buncha Boogers best in 2019......good year for Gold Balls.....

Privates owned the best contest as a group

.....LC was huge and nasty

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

IMO Dresden, MASE, Moore County and Union City are all real close to each other as far as the best teams in the West bracket. I think that anyone of those teams will represent the west cand have a legitimate shot of knocking off So. Pitt in Chattanooga. McKenzie and Lake County would be the next two in the west. IMO anyone of the 6 teams mentioned above would play So. Pitt in the semifinals in the east if they were in the east bracket. Before anyone gets upset remember it's just my opinion. I believe the west is overall stronger than the east in 1A football.

The west is absolutely better than the east. South Pitt is just as good or better than any of the teams out west. But Gordonsville/Clay are the next best behind SP in the east but would be probably 5th or 6th best out west

Just now, TheBlueprint said:

The west is absolutely better than the east. South Pitt is just as good or better than any of the teams out west. But Gordonsville/Clay are the next best behind SP in the east but would be probably 5th or 6th best out west

Images, I agree that So.Pitt is as good as any team from the west. I also think that the Pirates have a slight advantage in the Title game do to the west teams having to run the gauntlet in the playoffs. The Pirates I seriously doubt are challenged until the title game.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

You day drinking again buddy??  Lake County is no where near the caliber of a McKenzie, much less those other teams mentioned. West Carroll would probably embarrass Lake County at this point. Just go ahead and clean the possum crap off your decoys and get ready for duck season because you won’t be watching much more LC football this year.