AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 9, 2023

Southtowner

5 hours ago, Booger said:

thinkin you could flip a coin on that LC vs WC contest winner

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Booger I can tell you this LC beat WC 4tds to 0 in a spring scrimmage and beat them 9 to 3 in the fall. Now a scrimmage doesn't mean alot but those are pretty convincing. I have video of both those scrimmages and all of LC scrimmages and games.

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Booger I can tell you this LC beat WC 4tds to 0 in a spring scrimmage and beat them 9 to 3 in the fall. Now a scrimmage doesn't mean alot but those are pretty convincing. I have video of both those scrimmages and all of LC scrimmages and games.

Oh they have gotten a lot better according to their wins.Bet they could beat Alcoa.

5 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

No a scrimmage means basically nothing especially when you get 5 downs to get a first down. I don't remember the score of the first. Didn't go to the 2nd but I know we weren't even running the same offense then. Had our backup QB playing and I also recall Gleason playing y'all to a 2-2 tie or 2-3 game. Surely that means the game would be close, no?

2 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Oh they have gotten a lot better according to their wins.Bet they could beat Alcoa.

There you go making things up again because you're in your feelings. Just tell me one thing so we can just be done with this. Why do you value losing to teams you shouldn't beat more than beating teams you probably should? Why is losing more impressive 

2 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

There you go making things up again because you're in your feelings. Just tell me one thing so we can just be done with this. Why do you value losing to teams you shouldn't beat more than beating teams you probably should? Why is losing more impressive 

Because sometimes when you get that azz whopped, it gets your mind right. ;)

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Images, I agree that So.Pitt is as good as any team from the west. I also think that the Pirates have a slight advantage in the Title game do to the west teams having to run the gauntlet in the playoffs. The Pirates I seriously doubt are challenged until the title game.

You are correct! South Pittsburg has the #2 scoring offense in all classifications and the # 2 Defense in all classifications. All I hear is how Spitt don’t play anyone. We have played 2 or 3 6-2 Teams a 5 A school and a 4A Alabama School and the #1 2A private school and only giving up a little over 3 points a game with 4 shutouts in 7 Games averaging a little over 47 points. I’ve said all year this is a once in 15 year Team in Spitt and that says a lot. It’s the fastest defense I’ve ever seen at Spitt.  Unless Spitt beats themselves with stupid penalties they will be in Chattanooga. It’s gonna be hard for anyone in the east to score against them. Nobody in 1A has scored a single point against Spitt.

Edited by Geno

30 minutes ago, Geno said:

You are correct! South Pittsburg has the #2 scoring offense in all classifications and the # 2 Defense in all classifications. All I hear is how Spitt don’t play anyone. We have played 2 or 3 6-2 Teams a 5 A school and a 4A Alabama School and the #1 2A private school and only giving up a little over 3 points a game with 4 shutouts in 7 Games averaging a little over 47 points. I’ve said all year this is a once in 15 year Team in Spitt and that says a lot. It’s the fastest defense I’ve ever seen at Spitt.  Unless Spitt beats themselves with stupid penalties they will be in Chattanooga. It’s gonna be hard for anyone in the east to score against them. Nobody in 1A has scored a single point against Spitt.

Like I said So. Pitt will not be tested until the Title game and maybe not then.

1 hour ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

No a scrimmage means basically nothing especially when you get 5 downs to get a first down. I don't remember the score of the first. Didn't go to the 2nd but I know we weren't even running the same offense then. Had our backup QB playing and I also recall Gleason playing y'all to a 2-2 tie or 2-3 game. Surely that means the game would be close, no?

No it doesn't mean anything. I believe I stated that. West Carroll is having a good year. Enjoy it. Like I said I am glad WC is having a good year. They have 2 coaches who was at LC. One a player and the other a coach. I am willing to say you will lose one of them to Haywood County next year or the year after. Maybe both I know that Coach Puckett and Coach Dowland are good friends.