AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 9, 2023

Southtowner

1 hour ago, TheBlueprint said:

Hopefully it is round 3 but could be round 2. Our game against Clay Co looks to be a good one! What region will host this year if both teams are same seed?

We will host quarterfinals this year. 

Odd year (2023) top bracket will host.

Winner of our quad (region 3, 4)  will have to travel to upper bracket (region 1,2)  for the semifinal.

Next year is an  even year. (2024).  Bottom brackets will host.  

Throw out the seeds after the 1st 2 rounds.  

Quarters & Semis rotate on an odd/even year. 

When/if   2 teams meet in the quarters from the same region, then the highest seed will host. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Southtowner said:

Winner of our quad (region 3, 4)  will have to travel to upper bracket (region 1,2)  for the semifinal.

When/if   2 teams meet in the quarters from the same region, then the highest seed will host. 

The sage they call Southtowner!!!! Thank you sir

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Being an EVEN  year,  yall will get the opportunity to host both the quarterfinals AND the semifinals next year. (2024)

It would be awesome if we got that opportunity. We would have to beat you guys in order to host a semi

However I do look forward to coming to the Beene anytime we go. I hope our boys can take care of business to make that trip this year (hopefully round 3 of course) 

20 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

It would be awesome if we got that opportunity. We would have to beat you guys in order to host a semi

However I do look forward to coming to the Beene anytime we go. I hope our boys can take care of business to make that trip this year (hopefully round 3 of course) 

Idk what all ClayCo lost but I'm assuming enough that yall win your region. 

My preseason plan/thoughts are the same every year,  We will be going to the Jungle in the Even years & yall will be coming to us in the Odd years.  It's not gonna deviate from this most years as we both win our regions. TSSAA would have to change the playoff format for our 2 programs not to meet up the way it is.

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Thank you SouthTowner for the information!!!

10 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Idk what all ClayCo lost but I'm assuming enough that yall win your region. 

My preseason plan/thoughts are the same every year,  We will be going to the Jungle in the Even years & yall will be coming to us in the Odd years.  It's not gonna deviate from this most years as we both win our regions. TSSAA would have to change the playoff format for our 2 programs not to meet up the way it is.

Spot on with most years. Last year obviously Clay got us. They lost quite a bit but so did we. I expect our game against them to be a very close one. Probably 1, maybe 2 scores either way

1 minute ago, TheBlueprint said:

Spot on with most years. Last year obviously Clay got us. They lost quite a bit but so did we. I expect our game against them to be a very close one. Probably 1, maybe 2 scores either way

I can't see ClayCo repeating what they did last year.  No disrespect to them of course. I just don't see it.  

48 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I can't see ClayCo repeating what they did last year.  No disrespect to them of course. I just don't see it.  

Clay has filled most positions vacated from last years team pretty good. QB and line most experienced. I think they can compete with most 1a schools. They’ve played a tougher schedule this year for sure.  Gordonsville I expect will still be the toughest as usual. Clay hadn’t won there in a long time. I for one can’t wait till October 27.