South Pittsburg vs Sale Creek (Stone Cold vs Panther King)

Southtowner

1 hour ago, sportman said:

Lol.  Sounds like refs pretty bad 

Nearly every penalty was legit from my vantage point.Both teams played very undisciplined, especially in the first half.Coach better get this straightened out before the playoffs.We should have a great chance at getting to Finley but will never beat the winner of the West playing this way.All the talent we have but can't line up right or stay onsides.Not to mention all the holding and penalties away from the play they keep committing over and over this season.

13 minutes ago, ScallyWag said:

Nearly every penalty was legit from my vantage point.Both teams played very undisciplined, especially in the first half.Coach better get this straightened out before the playoffs.We should have a great chance at getting to Finley but will never beat the winner of the West playing this way.All the talent we have but can't line up right or stay onsides.Not to mention all the holding and penalties away from the play they keep committing over and over this season.

We better get better in the line. When the line finally does block they decide to hold or false start. I was told they run for penalties every week. I say multiply it by 5. This team shoots itself in the foot. At least I didn’t see us get stupid penalties tonight for jawing or retaliating. Offsides, false starts, and holding penalties tonight we’re the downfall. 

That PI call on number 11 for us though. That was total trash and nonsense. The kid got mugged going for the ball and got an offensive PI. 

• Like 1

I’m going to come out of my Coach T character and say this. There are lots of young underclassmen that need to be touching the field more. If the clock is running and your up 40-0 just play the young kids. Keep the 1s healthy and let these kids get the time that they work their tail off in practice for. I’m afraid we’re going to run some kids off that will be detrimental to the future of this program.. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigCornbread said:

I’m going to come out of my Coach T character and say this. There are lots of young underclassmen that need to be touching the field more. If the clock is running and your up 40-0 just play the young kids. Keep the 1s healthy and let these kids get the time that they work their tail off in practice for. I’m afraid we’re going to run some kids off that will be detrimental to the future of this program.. 

one of the hardest issues at small schools, especially with no JV games.Most schools in Knoxville and a little in Chattanooga don’t even get to dress out as freshman, they strictly play on the freshman team on Tuesday nights, atmeast my cousin I know does. 

47 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

one of the hardest issues at small schools, especially with no JV games.Most schools in Knoxville and a little in Chattanooga don’t even get to dress out as freshman, they strictly play on the freshman team on Tuesday nights, atmeast my cousin I know does. 

I’ve not personally seen any but it’s my understanding SP plays JV games now. 

On another note.. that running clock stuff this state does is soft and takes away valuable minutes. 

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

We have had a full slate of JV games, so that’s a plus. My issue is we have a lot of guys going both ways and as a 1A school we have the luxury of having youth that can give them a rest and also get quality reps with a 40 point lead and we don’t do it. 

Edited by BigCornbread

5 hours ago, ScallyWag said:

I’ve said this from the 1st Game and everyone got into me. This is the most undisciplined Team I’ve ever seen! I said all along the only thing that stands in South Pittsburgs way is themselves! This Team has way to much talent to be scoring 8 points on this Team after the 1st qtr. the Coach’s have ran them and ram them and it doesn’t work! Sit them down for a qtr or 2 if they act up!! Maybe that will work

3 hours ago, Geno said:

I’ve said this from the 1st Game and everyone got into me. This is the most undisciplined Team I’ve ever seen! I said all along the only thing that stands in South Pittsburgs way is themselves! This Team has way to much talent to be scoring 8 points on this Team after the 1st qtr. the Coach’s have ran them and ram them and it doesn’t work! Sit them down for a qtr or 2 if they act up!! Maybe that will work

You never watched coach Moores crap show if you think dis is bad haha. 

Dem kids were calling dey own plays dat year. 

gotta clean it up but dey will be okay. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Geno said:

False starts are a lack of mental prep. Holding is just pure laziness. SP is running linemen out there that I thought would never play a down or meaningful football for multiple reasons. Kind of is what it is at this point. A lot of talent but that’s a HUGE weakness. I can’t understand how we are going into the last game of the season and some still don’t know where to line up. I’ll say my usual, the wing-T would benefit us so much. Blocking schemes, misdirections in the backfield, and you can still throw the ball. Skill talent covers a lot of issues in the trenches.