South Pittsburg vs Sale Creek (Stone Cold vs Panther King)

Southtowner

10 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I'd like to see us go under center on 3rd & short.  Try and push from the line of scrimmage instead of snapping the ball back 5 yards & trying to push from that spot. More consistency & a bit more power run game on offense will be needed down the stretch.  I'm no coach but we've got a great staff,  I'm sure they know what needs to be worked on and what formations work best.  One more regular season game and then it's playoff time.  No ifs, ands, or buts then.   

Go Pirates!!

Is Geno on your staff?

21 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I'd like to see us go under center on 3rd & short.  Try and push from the line of scrimmage instead of snapping the ball back 5 yards & trying to push from that spot. More consistency & a bit more power run game on offense will be needed down the stretch.  I'm no coach but we've got a great staff,  I'm sure they know what needs to be worked on and what formations work best.  One more regular season game and then it's playoff time.  No ifs, ands, or buts then.   

Go Pirates!!

My philosophy is that if they are routinely running out of the shotgun or spread,  they may as well run the sidesaddle single wing and have a certain CoachT guy show that QB how to throw out of that formation.  However, the line isn't disciplined enough or mean enough to do it and the center has to be able rifle the snap consistently with speed that the defense can't even see it.

On 10/21/2023 at 10:42 AM, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says congrats to the Pirates on the “W”. Gots HEEP of work to do Ifin theys gonna be gold at the end of the trail. Nows, as usual theys fellers pretending theys knows stuff sitch as what and where is this or that one. OP ain’t bout to fall fer theys mess. Caution is advised, YepReconSo. Old Pirate and some close War Eagle fans, a bearded feller & SS that answers to Wendy gots some tailgating to do now. GO WAR EAGLES. 

Put dat in terms that people understand please patna 

On 10/21/2023 at 10:42 AM, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says congrats to the Pirates on the “W”. Gots HEEP of work to do Ifin theys gonna be gold at the end of the trail. Nows, as usual theys fellers pretending theys knows stuff sitch as what and where is this or that one. OP ain’t bout to fall fer theys mess. Caution is advised, YepReconSo. Old Pirate and some close War Eagle fans, a bearded feller & SS that answers to Wendy gots some tailgating to do now. GO WAR EAGLES. 

Tell em I said hey. 

On 10/21/2023 at 12:16 AM, CaptainLongbeard said:

I’ve not personally seen any but it’s my understanding SP plays JV games now. 

On another note.. that running clock stuff this state does is soft and takes away valuable minutes. 

I agree with the running clock statement.I hate that it keeps the younger kids from getting as much playing time on the Big stage on Friday nights.I also think the fans (especially the parents) deserve their ticket money's worth of football.I know the stands usually start thinning out at halftime when we are up by 30 or more but most loyal fans stay for nearly the entire game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1