TKA @ Oneida

Spike016

4 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

You do as well my friend :thumb:

Hard to be around the program this long and not have some connections. Especially when you either played or were a staff member as most of us have been or are. I was on staff nearly a decade of course I still have friends in and around the program. We all have connections, often times different ones at that. That’s why knowing each other a talking helps us all be more informed about something we’re so passionate about. I know I’ve had my fair share of brutal honesty as well. 

58 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

He wouldn’t survive. I’m not hatin for on the kid at all. He is an athlete but you let the game go against him and he’s not mentally tough enough to get thru it. 

You’re “not hatin for on the kid at all” but it sounds like you are. Kinda sad to claim to be an Oneida fan and then getting on here and calling him out on not being “mentally tough” when he is one of the best players on the field. I watched the Polk County game. That composure he showed to finish that game looked pretty “mentally tough” to me. 

You call him out for being “hurt” when he has had a nagging hip injury for the entire season that he’s been treated for on multiple occasions. A concussion… which you can’t stay in the game for. Bleeding.. which you can’t stay in the game for. He gets the crap beat out of him every game and has to play every offensive down. Idk about you, but I would be pretty worn down too. It’s not like he’s a massive brick house that can take every hit without flinching. 

I follow these boards often. Considered getting on here to throw out an opinion when someone called out #2 which was uncalled for. And to be a “huge Oneida fan” and dog your quarterback who has had a heck of a season? Makes me lose a lot of respect for you. This is not the place to come to the internet and bash individual players that are 30-40 years younger than you. These are not professional athletes. They’re HIGH SCHOOL KIDS. And they look at these things. And most of them are very good kids on and off the field. 

There are a lot of good players on this Oneida team and the quarterback is a great leader. And no amount of your “I’ve been a part of football for 50 years” is going to change my mind on that opinion. 

36 minutes ago, youdontknowme said:

I follow these boards often. Considered getting on here to throw out an opinion when someone called out #2 which was uncalled for.  

I get what you’re saying and in the interest of full disclosure he did come back and openly admit he was wrong and  “eat crow” as he put it and give #2 credit for playing like a stud after that. I know that’s not really the point you were making but in case you didn’t see the follow up I just wanted to let you know that it happened. 

2 hours ago, youdontknowme said:

You’re “not hatin for on the kid at all” but it sounds like you are. Kinda sad to claim to be an Oneida fan and then getting on here and calling him out on not being “mentally tough” when he is one of the best players on the field. I watched the Polk County game. That composure he showed to finish that game looked pretty “mentally tough” to me. 

You call him out for being “hurt” when he has had a nagging hip injury for the entire season that he’s been treated for on multiple occasions. A concussion… which you can’t stay in the game for. Bleeding.. which you can’t stay in the game for. He gets the crap beat out of him every game and has to play every offensive down. Idk about you, but I would be pretty worn down too. It’s not like he’s a massive brick house that can take every hit without flinching. 

I follow these boards often. Considered getting on here to throw out an opinion when someone called out #2 which was uncalled for. And to be a “huge Oneida fan” and dog your quarterback who has had a heck of a season? Makes me lose a lot of respect for you. This is not the place to come to the internet and bash individual players that are 30-40 years younger than you. These are not professional athletes. They’re HIGH SCHOOL KIDS. And they look at these things. And most of them are very good kids on and off the field. 

There are a lot of good players on this Oneida team and the quarterback is a great leader. And no amount of your “I’ve been a part of football for 50 years” is going to change my mind on that opinion. 

As you won’t change my mind on what I posted :thumb: I could care less if you have any respect for me.  I just call it like I see it ole pal!

Edited by Spike016

11 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

As you won’t change my mind on what I posted :thumb: I could care less if you have any respect for me.  I just call it like I see it ole pal!

Hey if you’re ok being that guy who talks trash about someone who is young enough to be your grandkid, so be it. 

You brought him up. Unprovoked. To say something bad about him. And it’s very disrespectful to the player, the team, the parents, the fans.. 

11 minutes ago, youdontknowme said:

Hey if you’re ok being that guy who talks trash about someone who is young enough to be your grandkid, so be it. 

You brought him up. Unprovoked. To say something bad about him. And it’s very disrespectful to the player, the team, the parents, the fans.. 

I never talked down on him. He is a very good football player and Oneida is lucky to have him runnin the show. He is one of the better QBs to come thru the program in recent years. So if what I said offended you I apologize. I guess I am just too honest for some folks in todays world. I would almost bet that they are a couple folks on here that agree with me but that’s besides the point. 

Edited by Spike016

37 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

I never talked down on him. He is a very good football player and Oneida is lucky to have him runnin the show. He is one of the better QBs to come thru the program in recent years. So if what I said offended you I apologize. I guess I am just too honest for some folks in todays world. I would almost bet that they are a couple folks on here that agree with me but that’s besides the point. 

You’re just a grumpy old man :roflol: