Gallatin @ Springfield

BruiseBrother98

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

In 3 years Gallatin and Springfield will have an 100th year meeting if both stay on the schedule.  That is pretty impressive.  I have been really impressed with Wilson since he had taken over the program.  He was definitely what Springfield needed and has done a great job.  I know this will be a hard fought game no matter the records.  Gallatin will look a lot different this year with their offensive set.  They have been a lot of fun to watch.  

Even with the Wave’s starting RB out, the Gallatin passing game scares me along with our offensive woes. Hopefully the Jackets figured some things out over the bye week. I was in school in the 80s and Gallatin was the measuring stick for everyone then. I’m so glad Coach Wilson is keeping up this match up, and I hope Gallatin’s coaches want to keep it as well. Gallatin was always THE game when I was in school, and it still is to me somewhat. 
The Springfield 7-6 win at Gallatin in 1981 always sticks in my mind, for that propelled Springfield to the district 9AAA title that year. All that made the playoffs in those days was one team from each district, and the old 9AAA was loaded. I’m sure @LEON can pontificate more on that 81 game than I. 

6 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Question for the Springfield people, what instrument does Clarence Cobbins play in the band?  Seems that kid is doing a little bit of everything!!  

He doesn't play.  He is the field commander.  He is definitely “the straw that stirs the drink”  Reggie Jackson wishes he was Clarence Cobbins :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

In 3 years Gallatin and Springfield will have an 100th year meeting if both stay on the schedule.  That is pretty impressive.  I have been really impressed with Wilson since he had taken over the program.  He was definitely what Springfield needed and has done a great job.  I know this will be a hard fought game no matter the records.  Gallatin will look a lot different this year with their offensive set.  They have been a lot of fun to watch.  

I LOVE this game. I wish there was some way to keep it on the schedule.  I think I sat by you during the playoff game in 2014

I think, even without Brinkley, Gallatin should win by 2 plus scores. I’m sure Springfield won’t come out near as flat as they did against HL. However Gtown just has too much firepower on offense, and their defense is clicking. I’d hate to not see Gallatin in the playoffs, I think they’re the 2nd best team in the region.

2 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I think, even without Brinkley, Gallatin should win by 2 plus scores. I’m sure Springfield won’t come out near as flat as they did against HL. However Gtown just has too much firepower on offense, and their defense is clicking. I’d hate to not see Gallatin in the playoffs, I think they’re the 2nd best team in the region.

I concur. I do think Springfield can win this game but will have to play top notch all 4 qts. Would love to see the Jackets finish no worse than 5-5 on the regular season if they win this one. Either way this game and the Beech game gives them some tough competition before heading to Memphis first round, something I hope bodes well for them. 

11 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I think this is a Hendersonville type game for the Jackets.

Play great defense and take care of the ball and you give yourself a great chance to win!

Sloppy tackling and turnovers then you will lose by 14+. No in between.

11 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

It’s just the next man up mentality.  Gallatin is not short on playmakers.  

15 minutes ago, eers said:

I get that, but the kid was their run game. It changes the dynamic dramatically. 

He has been a steady force these last 3 years.  I wanted nothing more than to see him continue running that ball when he went out last week.  He’s a great kid and all of us love him.  But we cannot quit because he isn’t out there.  Several might be called upon to fulfill his role who knows at this point.  But Gallatin will still run the ball, offensive philosophy won’t change, maybe situationally but overall it’s spread the ball around get your playmakers in position to score.