McKenzie vs West Carroll - Thursday Night Showdown for the 1 Seed

VOLnWTN

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, TheCountian said:

A lot of people thinking West Carroll has a chance.  But then I realized it was just all west carroll people.  I really don’t see this one being close.  Anybody have any updates on the McKenzie injuries?  

Cole Brown will play.  Hatley and McCreary out. Hatley is key loss. 

I have not given my opinion on this game other than I think the Rebels win.  Some are putting way too much in the lack luster performance in the first half last week by the Rebels.  We were coming off a bye week, and it showed in the first half.  The rust was off in the second half. 

Move forward to this week.  WC is flying high.  Undefeated in region play.  Scoring 275 to 144 vs opponenets McKenzie scoring is 351 to 101.  This is a big difference.   WC may keep it close early  if they can control the clock like last year.  They let the clock run down until the last second before snapping it.  But, in the end, the Rebels still have too much fire power, and will put this one away and win the region.  Rebels clip another group of War Eagles for the second week in a row.  Should be a fantastic night for football and a big crowd. 

Man oh man.. you know West Carroll has it's hopes up. Strange, unexpected  things happen in sports every week. Anything is possible, but not probable. Rebels should win, but if not, the defending Champs will no doubt be headed into playoffs with a super-chip on their shoulders to rectify their loses & go 5 straight for back-to-back gold. 

Seeing a little trash talking on social media between WC and Rebels kids. It could get chippy. That's they way west carroll likes to play having be chippy and hopefully throw the other team off there game. Mckenzie keeps a level head and wins it big or let it get chippy and Wc keeps it close.