5A Region 2 Championship - Powell @ West

WestHigh4Life

So hear me out....are you better to win or lose this game? My reasoning....if you win out, you secure home field advantage.  If you lose, then you are put in a bracket with Knox Central (2 and 4 in the region go to the same bracket).  Some are saying they think that Region 2 may sweep Region 1.  Would you rather have to face Halls or Knox Central in the second round?  Again this is all hypothetical...just too much time to think about the different scenarios.  Who knows?  Region 1 could surprise us all. 

10 minutes ago, footballknox said:

So hear me out....are you better to win or lose this game? My reasoning....if you win out, you secure home field advantage.  If you lose, then you are put in a bracket with Knox Central (2 and 4 in the region go to the same bracket).  Some are saying they think that Region 2 may sweep Region 1.  Would you rather have to face Halls or Knox Central in the second round?  Again this is all hypothetical...just too much time to think about the different scenarios.  Who knows?  Region 1 could surprise us all. 

So to violate all rules of we take it one week at a time and will not look ahead as you have to win to advance -  see all previous years of West losing for whatever reason to teams we should have beaten that year - 

You want to win this as you don’t care about rounds 1 and 2 and assume you want the rematch at home in round 3.  Again - no disrespect to opponents in rds 1 and 2 - but no one wants Powell or West at home in the third round.  This game literally gives you home field to Chattanooga assuming you take care of business.  Powell wants it - West wants it and to deny that is just false.  There are only 2-3 teams on the East side in this field who have the chance to make the Championship.  That’s just being honest here.  Any of the others will have to pull back to back to back upsets to get there.  That’s the no Lou Holtz take on this.  Both sides want it - both sides need it - both sides respect the other - and neither side is that confident on what happens tomorrow.  That’s my two cents, but ask me in 4 weeks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

So to violate all rules of we take it one week at a time and will not look ahead as you have to win to advance -  see all previous years of West losing for whatever reason to teams we should have beaten that year - 

You want to win this as you don’t care about rounds 1 and 2 and assume you want the rematch at home in round 3.  Again - no disrespect to opponents in rds 1 and 2 - but no one wants Powell or West at home in the third round.  This game literally gives you home field to Chattanooga assuming you take care of business.  Powell wants it - West wants it and to deny that is just false.  There are only 2-3 teams on the East side in this field who have the chance to make the Championship.  That’s just being honest here.  Any of the others will have to pull back to back to back upsets to get there.  That’s the no Lou Holtz take on this.  Both sides want it - both sides need it - both sides respect the other - and neither side is that confident on what happens tomorrow.  That’s my two cents, but ask me in 4 weeks.

didn't west beat them at powell last year?

14 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

I agree with all your points.  I was just giving some food for thought.  Thanks for your insight. 

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Just curious, but why do you think they win comfortably?

No Lou Holtzing nothing...look at the teams coming in.

West started out the year getting better on offense and since Alcoa have hit a snag.

Powell started the year off with a couple of losses but since have been lights out.

Also Powell has beaten West many times in the past with major implications on the line and it hasnt been close.

So I ask you why wouldnt I think they could win comfortably...also I didnt make a prediction all I said was why do I get the feeling Powell wins comfortably?

18 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

What Merit said.

29 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

didn't west beat them at powell last year?

So West’s team last year - which was undefeated 15-0 state champions had to go on the road to beat Powell to even get a shot at Chattanooga.  Who the &$#* wouldn’t want that  game at home rather than on the road.  Yes - we won last year - but I wouldn’t put money on either of this years Powell or West teams to beat either of last years teams.  Home field means something.  I for one don’t want to drive there back to back years.