fayetteville hosts forrest

City223

Fayetteville won and deserves credit but there is no way that last play happens if the clock is kept correctly. With 11 seconds left there is no way you have a 9 yard run and only eat up 4 seconds of clock. We counted 7 on the replay. That is a 3 second differential. Guess how much time was left on that last play. 3 seconds. I hate it for a group of seniors who have battled a lot of adversity and deserved better tonight. I just want to know how many college or pro teams can get off 4 plays in 14 seconds and 1 of them is a 9 yard run?? Don’t want it to sound like sour grapes but this was ridiculous. I am however super proud of the way this team showed up and competed tonight! Salute!!

2 minutes ago, TCSports1 said:

Fayetteville won and deserves credit but there is no way that last play happens if the clock is kept correctly. With 11 seconds left there is no way you have a 9 yard run and only eat up 4 seconds of clock. We counted 7 on the replay. That is a 3 second differential. Guess how much time was left on that last play. 3 seconds. I hate it for a group of seniors who have battled a lot of adversity and deserved better tonight. I just want to know how many college or pro teams can get off 4 plays in 14 seconds and 1 of them is a 9 yard run?? Don’t want it to sound like sour grapes but this was ridiculous. I am however super proud of the way this team showed up and competed tonight! Salute!!

I can see some human error with keeping a clock but watching it on replay it did seem like a very slow clock.

2 minutes ago, TCSports1 said:

With 11 seconds left there is no way you have a 9 yard run and only eat up 4 seconds of clock.

an 8 yard run in 4 seconds then a timeout? i’m not sure how you can say that’s not possible. the next play lasted 2-3 seconds then then the qb threw it away.