Greeneville at Elizabethton

BarneySox2007

11 hours ago, Rackattack said:

Anderson county want even hear the gun go off against Elizabethton weather they travel to us or we go to Anderson everyone talks about there tough schedule not impressed Elizabethton dominated science hill if I remember correctly the Mavs lost

Those early Mavs losses came during a time when Moog was hurt and they were trying to figure out life without Walker Martinez. Their season is extremely identical to Betsy last year. Figuring out life after Bryson Rollins. Remember how that went for us?! This is the most dangerous 4 loss team in the state. Don’t sleep on them. Don’t forget what we almost pulled off last season against them! They may try to return the favor. Let’s just handle this weeks game and let the Devils and Mavs beat each other up for the opportunity to play us at The Bank.

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Those early Mavs losses came during a time when Moog was hurt and they were trying to figure out life without Walker Martinez. Their season is extremely identical to Betsy last year. Figuring out life after Bryson Rollins. Remember how that went for us?! This is the most dangerous 4 loss team in the state. Don’t sleep on them. Don’t forget what we almost pulled off last season against them! They may try to return the favor. Let’s just handle this weeks game and let the Devils and Mavs beat each other up for the opportunity to play us at The Bank.

Dang it BDD I was just hoping we would catch you guys off guard. You have been doing your homework. I will I have to say I was impressed with the West game. Even in a loss. 

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Dang it BDD I was just hoping we would catch you guys off guard. You have been doing your homework. I will I have to say I was impressed with the West game. Even in a loss. 

The Ariel assault Betsy brings will be dominant. From the films I have seen. Even the Mavs are preparing for this. Mavsinflight is even concerned and have ask coach Lambert to step it up on the pass rush. We will see more Friday! 

3 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

The Ariel assault Betsy brings will be dominant. From the films I have seen. Even the Mavs are preparing for this. Mavsinflight is even concerned and have ask coach Lambert to step it up on the pass rush. We will see more Friday! 

Betsy RAN the ball very well against the Tribe and is a running team that can throw it. Also known as a BALANCED football team. But that Defensive unit is really something. Two deep at every position. Stuffing the run, on their way to the QB with linebackers filling the gaps and protecting the flats and middle against screens. They really only have to use the front 4 to get pressure. I’m guessing Greeneville and AC will try to ground and pound the ball and dominate the time of possession to keep the Betsy O off the field and wear down the D. Like Betsy did to Greeneville back in 2021. But, with all the high quality subs on D Betsy has, that will be a difficult task. The chess game inside the game is what I like the most. Who can scheme and game plan the best? And yes. I do my homework. LOL

On 10/22/2023 at 5:34 PM, REBELRON said:

What has happened to the Elizabethon and Greeneville fans?  Usually a Elizabethon and Greeneville thread is up to 10 pages by now.

most greeneville fans have saw whats going on with this team -- you cant play and win with one or two superstars or at least in their daddys eyes ..... greeneville has the fire power to play against anyone but its run right or run left you cant control the ground game without passing the ball , then you need the Right qb to be throwing the ball .... in this day you have to win the BIG GAME for people to notice you and that comes from playing EVERYONE and being a game manager not being outcoached ..................... filter has been turned off.............

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, greengreen22 said:

most greeneville fans have saw whats going on with this team -- you cant play and win with one or two superstars or at least in their daddys eyes ..... greeneville has the fire power to play against anyone but its run right or run left you cant control the ground game without passing the ball , then you need the Right qb to be throwing the ball .... in this day you have to win the BIG GAME for people to notice you and that comes from playing EVERYONE and being a game manager not being outcoached ..................... filter has been turned off.............

We had our frustrations also. After the Bearden loss. The Maryville coaches went away from the 3 man front and turned the freshmen quarterback loose.