Mcminn county cherokees vs Walker valley Mustangs

RichyRich

2 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

What happened in this game? I was keeping up with score on the T but didnt get a chance to watch. I had Mcminn in this one with a great shot at upsetting Oak Ridge in round 3 for a semifinals appearance.

Yeah we really got outplayed and out coached. We try to play in a box and never throw the football. Archaic offense and we don’t keep a defense honest so they just bring everybody up. Our DB’s play too far off the line of scrimmage also giving up an easy 8 yards. WV had never beaten MC but u just have to tip ur cap to them. Better game for them all around

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

What happened in this game? I was keeping up with score on the T but didnt get a chance to watch. I had Mcminn in this one with a great shot at upsetting Oak Ridge in round 3 for a semifinals appearance.

Also gonna say talent wise McMinn doesn’t have what Weat and Powell have. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if one of those two don’t win the state. I could try to make excuses McMinn is down two starters on the DL against WV but at the end of the day that’s football. Next man up. There are always guys out with injuries and such. I will say after our brouhaha with Powell I am pulling for West lol

11 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Well that freaking sucks mcminn county football has been a little down the last two weeks from both schools it bout makes me sick no consistency 

Rich,

Give your Cherokees and Chargers a break.

The Cherokees end the regular season at 6-4 and second place finish. Losses to Bradley, Cleveland, Powell and the best Walker Valley team that I can remember. Cherokees not expected to very well with the loss of most of their firepower from 2022. Had to retool the offense twice...this year....once in the spring/summer and  again about three games into the season. They can't throw it all and still were in games because of their defense. Cagle and his coaching staff have done a good job. 

As for the Chargers.....Lost 18 seniors from 2022. Picked dead last preseason polling. Lost entire OL to graduation, In season injuries and illness have also had an effect on the Chargers. Been 9 years since the Chargers have won 7 games. Offense has averaged almost 40 points a game. There is a QB who has thrown for over 2400 yards, a WR with 70 catches and 1000 yard and a RB with over 1000 yards. Defense has struggled the second half of the season especially against the run. Still beat a good Tyner team and a state ranked Kingston team, The Chargers  will lose only have 5 seniors from this year's team.....only two are full time players. Future is bright at McMinn Central

4 hours ago, Charger64 said:

Rich,

Give your Cherokees and Chargers a break.

The Cherokees end the regular season at 6-4 and second place finish. Losses to Bradley, Cleveland, Powell and the best Walker Valley team that I can remember. Cherokees not expected to very well with the loss of most of their firepower from 2022. Had to retool the offense twice...this year....once in the spring/summer and  again about three games into the season. They can't throw it all and still were in games because of their defense. Cagle and his coaching staff have done a good job. 

As for the Chargers.....Lost 18 seniors from 2022. Picked dead last preseason polling. Lost entire OL to graduation, In season injuries and illness have also had an effect on the Chargers. Been 9 years since the Chargers have won 7 games. Offense has averaged almost 40 points a game. There is a QB who has thrown for over 2400 yards, a WR with 70 catches and 1000 yard and a RB with over 1000 yards. Defense has struggled the second half of the season especially against the run. Still beat a good Tyner team and a state ranked Kingston team, The Chargers  will lose only have 5 seniors from this year's team.....only two are full time players. Future is bright at McMinn Central

Just upsetting mcminn has a very good to de out and Harbison and masingale both out at central at the worst time. I'm just a little down about it is all same with vols loss to Bama to ice the cake. I know im being a little hard.  It's just like sometimes its 2 different teams playing for both,  central a bit more tho. I know at central they should regroup by next year, not sure about mcminn county though, you are right I expected them to be down this year, so maybe they'll surprise me next year as well!