Mcminn county cherokees vs Walker valley Mustangs

RichyRich

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MCKees said:

Howard may get Ooltewah. The Owls have packed it in (and I know Howard may have also) but 75-0!!! Wow. And I was surprised to see Tyner beat Rhea in all honesty. Especially since they had Ethan Davis back for that game 

From a coach on staff, Davis is extremely banged up, probably shouldn’t even be playing right now. Rhea County is name brand only as of late

8 minutes ago, Random1234 said:

From a coach on staff, Davis is extremely banged up, probably shouldn’t even be playing right now. Rhea County is name brand only as of late

Injuries have definitely hurt Rhea big time this year. McMinn lost a big interior defensive lineman before the Powell game and now has a defensive end having to sit out their next two games. 

On 10/22/2023 at 6:06 PM, RichyRich said:

How would you compare Campbell County  to East Hamilton or rhea county (our 3&4 seed)

I don't really know much about East Hamilton or Rhea, but my guess is that either are better than Campbell County, But the way it looks is that Campbell County will be our #4 and play at the McMinn vs Walker Valley winner. Rhea will come to Oak Ridge and East Hamilton will go to Lenoir City. In the other first round game, Clinton will travel to the loser of the McMinn vs Walker Valley game. That is barring any upsets, 

This region is so up and down it's hard to tell who will win this one. McMinn had a great win vs OR but lost to both Bradley and Cleveland, which are both 6A, but Walker beat Cleveland. Then Walker loses later in the season to East Hamilton. EH just lost to Rhea. I know that the transitive property can't be applied to football, much less HS football. It just does not all add up.

McMinn has for sure played a tougher schedule. Obviously they have the same region, both played 2 of the same opponents for non region, but the non region schedule that McMinn put together will help them in tougher games like tonight and in the playoffs. For that reason I am going with McMinn. Should still be a good game. I also think that both McMinn and WV will beat Campbell co or clinton whichever they get for the 1st round depending on who wins this game. 

1 hour ago, WestHigh4Life said:

What happened in this game? I was keeping up with score on the T but didnt get a chance to watch. I had Mcminn in this one with a great shot at upsetting Oak Ridge in round 3 for a semifinals appearance.

Walker Valley was the more physical team, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Something that never happens when they play McMinn. Considering the stakes and the quality of the opponent, that was Walker Valley’s best performance of the year. Could argue they should have won by multiple scores.