Springfield at Southwind, Round 1

JacketLover

7 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

I understand what was being stated but it was implied that it was Memphis officials.

I only implied that I hope they are better than the ones at Munford last year. I know they come from different areas but the guys last year were bad. Watch the video on Social Dweebs YouTube page. It’s still on there from last year. 

I implied it. I said it. I stand by it. The officiating in West TN is terrible. The officiating in the playoffs last year in Memphis was terrible. :lol:

I know they are supposed to be from outside the area and/or neutral, but when you have a Middle TN team and West TN team, where do the officials come from? Jackson? The officiating there isn’t any better. 

• Upvote 3

On 11/1/2023 at 6:54 PM, eers said:

I implied it. I said it. I stand by it. The officiating in West TN is terrible. The officiating in the playoffs last year in Memphis was terrible. :lol:

I know they are supposed to be from outside the area and/or neutral, but when you have a Middle TN team and West TN team, where do the officials come from? Jackson? The officiating there isn’t any better. 

So what you're saying is you don't get that home cooking you're use to when at "home"? :D

1 hour ago, eers said:

Nope. I said officiating in west tn is terrible. 

Now, i did hear that the officiating at the Munford/Springfield game was bad. so not defending that. 

However, A lot of us "West tn folk" have made similar statements when playing in middle Tn. Just saying. 

2 hours ago, Dp81 said:

Now, i did hear that the officiating at the Munford/Springfield game was bad. so not defending that. 

However, A lot of us "West tn folk" have made similar statements when playing in middle Tn. Just saying. 

The officiating at Bartlett wasn’t any better last year and Collierville this year. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve been to a game from Jackson west thought I thought was good. I’m not saying it affecting the outcomes, but bad officiating is bad officiating any way you look at it. 

4 minutes ago, eers said:

The officiating at Bartlett wasn’t any better last year and Collierville this year. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve been to a game from Jackson west thought I thought was good. I’m not saying it affecting the outcomes, but bad officiating is bad officiating any way you look at it. 

I've witnessed bad officiating as well (speaking for playoff scenarios) and knew for a fact that the zebras were not from west tennessee. So sounds like we have same opinions, different perspective. 

The fact is, we as fans are naturally biased and "bad calls" (or lack there of) tend to shine brighter when going against our team. It is hard for any of us to admit or take notice when such a call goes in our favor. 

1 minute ago, Dp81 said:

I've witnessed bad officiating as well (speaking for playoff scenarios) and knew for a fact that the zebras were not from west tennessee. So sounds like we have same opinions, different perspective. 

The fact is, we as fans are naturally biased and "bad calls" (or lack there of) tend to shine brighter when going against our team. It is hard for any of us to admit or take notice when such a call goes in our favor. 

Having been around football (family coaches, playing, and coaching) for A LOT of years, I can honestly say I take notice when a call goes my teams way. It doesn’t typically make me a crowd favorite when I say it either. I wasn’t necessarily saying they all went against me there, just that it was bad. 

6 minutes ago, eers said:

Having been around football (family coaches, playing, and coaching) for A LOT of years, I can honestly say I take notice when a call goes my teams way. It doesn’t typically make me a crowd favorite when I say it either. I wasn’t necessarily saying they all went against me there, just that it was bad. 

I respect that. The same here. All i am saying is the negative always outshines the positive, especially in a football game. I have witnessed bad officiating within the shelby county boundaries as well (mostly against the privates). I have witnessed bad officiating while playing teams outside of west tenn. (here or there) Just know that west tenn. rarely benefits from the "good officiating". 

1 hour ago, Dp81 said:

1 hour ago, eers said:

Its just as bad when it goes our way as when against us