Springfield at Southwind, Round 1

JacketLover

The Jackets make the 3.5 hour drive to Southwind next Friday for round 1 of the playoffs. Traveling down I-40 is nothing new for Springfield. Southwind should ask Munford what to expect before chalking up a W in their own minds. Southwind will be a tough opponent no doubt, having outscored their opposition 363-60 through 9 games. Never count a Dustin Wilson team out come playoff time. Looking forward to a good game. 

Despite having a losing record at 4-6, this team has gotten better every week, I have seen teams pack it in under these same circumstances, these young men have continued to play hard everytime they step on the field. Having lost 17 starters from last season I believe these coaches have done an outstanding job with this team.

Southwind has had a great season, I believe they will see the 4-6 record and overlook these Jackets, will that be enough for SPT to get the dub?; I believe they will find a way!

SPT - 27

@W - 20

Edited by Kevin38

20 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Despite having a losing record at 4-6, this team has gotten better every week, I have seen teams pack it in under these same circumstances, these young men have continued to play hard everytime they step on the field. Having lost 17 starters from last season I believe these coaches have done an outstanding job with this team.

Southwind has had a great season, I believe they will see the 4-6 record and overlook these Jackets, will that be enough for SPT to get the dub?; I believe they will find a way!

SPT - 27

@W - 20

iI keep thinking of the 2021 Portland team. They certainly were not nearly as good these Yellow Jackets.They fought then number one seed to the end only to lose out 28 to 27. Who knows how Southwind compares to then #1  Munford  but  I am certain that this Springfield team is  much better than that Portland team. GO JACKETS!

• Upvote 1

I feel Springfield has a legit shot to win this game. Playing the schedule the Jackets have played has prepared them for the playoffs, 4-6 record or not. I don’t think Southwind has played a schedule as tough as Springfield has. Munford thought they would walk all over Springfield last year being 11-0, but they came out of that game 11-1. 

Every Springfield fan on here will agree that this year’s team isn’t nearly as good as last year’s team. Losing 16 starters kinda leads to that. This team is tough as nails, though, and gave Beech and 6A Gallatin all they wanted these last two weeks. When the game is tight I don’t think Springfield will flinch, but what will Southwind do? They really haven’t been tested this year. Let’s line up and see what happens this Friday night. 

• Like 1

Southwind qb is the real deal. Not overly impressed with anything else. Line seems average. Team overall not near as big size wise as most memphis schools from past. I think the jackets will be able to get a pass rush on the qb. If they dont he will sit back there and pick them a part. The kid throws a beautiful deep ball. I think the jackets will be able to run the ball on this team. This game could get very interesting if the defense can get to qb and the run game is working. Dont count the black and gold out...

44 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

Southwind qb is the real deal. Not overly impressed with anything else. Line seems average. Team overall not near as big size wise as most memphis schools from past. I think the jackets will be able to get a pass rush on the qb. If they dont he will sit back there and pick them a part. The kid throws a beautiful deep ball. I think the jackets will be able to run the ball on this team. This game could get very interesting if the defense can get to qb and the run game is working. Dont count the black and gold out...

I’m hoping for a region 7 sweep. I’m more worried about Hendersonville making out with a W. Their QB had heart but his knee has to be shot. Without him they don’t have much to offer on Offense 

Springfield has zero wins against teams with a winning record according to unapproved website. Southwind only has 2 wins against teams with an above .500 record (Munford & Melrose) both are solid teams. Southwind's Dline could arguably be one of the best in the state, with 1 of them being a Memphis commit. Southwind's QB plays well above his age, if SW defense shows up like they have all year I believe Southwind has the potential to win convincingly. Not counting out Springfield by any means, but In my opinion Southwind is the much better team in this matchup.