Watertown @ MCminn central

biggest

4 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I'll go with McMinn Central in this matchup. I know their defense has struggled, but their offense will be too much for a Watertown team that's not as good as their former solid teams of the past. 

Do any Central fans know the status of seniors Masingale and Harbison?  Them playing would make a big difference in the makeup of Central's team in the playoffs. 

No Masingale

• Sad 1

No Masingale rest of the way.  Harbison is day to day but is in a boot and on crutches. No break luckily.  Check this out…. first 5 games Central gave up only 14 plays of 20 yards or more. The last five games…..FORTY!!!!! That’s right FORTY plays of 20 yards or more in the last 5 games. FORTY!!!!!

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Blue222 said:

No Masingale rest of the way.  Harbison is day to day but is in a boot and on crutches. No break luckily.  Check this out…. first 5 games Central gave up only 14 plays of 20 yards or more. The last five games…..FORTY!!!!! That’s right FORTY plays of 20 yards or more in the last 5 games. FORTY!!!!!

If you're allowed to say, is Masingale just hanging it up for football, or will he miss basketball too?  
Glad nothing is broken with Bay and I hope he's back for the Watertown game. 

Central's schedule has a lot to do with those numbers. The first 5 games were against anemic teams. The last 5 - other than TP and CC - were against some pretty good teams. However, with 4 of those last 5 games played at Central, I'm surprised. The Chargers' D has been struggling, no doubt, but I'm still amazed they gave up 62 points last night to a team like CC.  

6 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

If you're allowed to say, is Masingale just hanging it up for football, or will he miss basketball too?  
Glad nothing is broken with Bay and I hope he's back for the Watertown game. 

Central's schedule has a lot to do with those numbers. The first 5 games were against anemic teams. The last 5 - other than TP and CC - were against some pretty good teams. However, with 4 of those last 5 games played at Central, I'm surprised. The Chargers' D has been struggling, no doubt, but I'm still amazed they gave up 62 points last night to a team like CC.  

I’m not at liberty to say what happened with football because of “hear say” but I do know he’s done and as of now he will play basketball. 

Edited by Blue222
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Yeti said:

You think Central can beat H20?

Yes I do, but I'm basing that on the assumption Central has Harbison healthy enough to play.  He's a weapon.
Central has a good coaching staff and I believe they'll figure a way to shore up the defense to slow down Watertown's running game just enough for their offense to outscore Watertown. It's no secret that Central's defense against the run has been pretty abysmal the last several games, but since their loss to Meigs they've outscored their opponents enough to win them all - except for the total defensive collapse at Chatt Central. Central found a way to beat a pretty solid Kingston team, so the potential is there.  
As a coach, you can only deal with the talent at hand, but you can change and scheme things to get the max out of that talent.  I have no clue about Watertown's ability to successfully pass the ball, but my initial thinking as a coach I'd probably stack the box to stop the run and challenge them to beat me passing.    

• Like 1