5A R5 vs R6

Just now, CatsAndPats said:

I’m not sure of a running clock. Tullahoma’s defense will hold Page to much less than Franklin County did.  Unfortunately it won’t matter because the offense won’t be able to muster enough to compete. 

Yeah I can get on board with that. I really don't want to pile on the offense but that will be the downfall. It's a crying shame too. The defense plays extremely hard and well.

9 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

Please tell me you aren't poking out your chest on this one. 

No, I didn’t attend because I figured there was a 50/50 chance Tullahoma’s offense would repeat the Shelbyville performance and I just couldn’t stomach another night like that.  I just find it funny that folks thought all 4 teams from region 6 was that much better than region 5 and only gave Shelbyville a mediocre chance of winning their game.

2 hours ago, TTownFan50 said:

No, I didn’t attend because I figured there was a 50/50 chance Tullahoma’s offense would repeat the Shelbyville performance and I just couldn’t stomach another night like that.  I just find it funny that folks thought all 4 teams from region 6 was that much better than region 5 and only gave Shelbyville a mediocre chance of winning their game.

Fair enough. Tullahoma's offense did a repeat performance but luckily the punting game kept switching the field position. 

I can't blame most folks for picking the sweep. I'm not sure Tullahoma escapes with a win last night if Nolensville had their starting QB. In Shelbyville's case, I was afraid the team that showed up against Lawrence Co would lay an egg against the Burros. 

Happy for both squads and their seniors to get another game out of it. The Shelbyville/ Centennial game could be a dandy. 

That was one of the most complete teams i have seen all year in Page, incredible home field atmosphere when they are rolling but for the love of all that is Holy the car horns blaring all night, Wow! Great moment after the game as well when the Page players and Rebel players gathered as one to pray! Good Luck the rest of the way, i see another shot at state title this year! 

On 11/4/2023 at 2:27 PM, REBELFAN70 said:

That was one of the most complete teams i have seen all year in Page, incredible home field atmosphere when they are rolling but for the love of all that is Holy the car horns blaring all night, Wow! Great moment after the game as well when the Page players and Rebel players gathered as one to pray! Good Luck the rest of the way, i see another shot at state title this year! 

I'm surprised Tullahoma has had the year they have had. Saying that, it kind of worries me that-that success may give them added confidence. Nolensville has their program running strong now and though I'm glad we have Tullahoma and not them, I'm still leery for tomorrow night.

If we are fortunate enough to win tomorrow, Shelbyville is making me weary. I think I would rather us face off against Centennial even though they will be better prepared and ready for revenge. However, I'm just glad we won't have to face Henry County till the next week if they get past Southwind.

Seems to me that a lot of these programs are dominant now with yearly runs in the playoffs supporting success. If we do make it all the way back to the championship game this year, I do think we will be the underdog like the last two years. But, it shows how far we have come!

43 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I'm surprised Tullahoma has had the year they have had. Saying that, it kind of worries me that-that success may give them added confidence. Nolensville has their program running strong now and though I'm glad we have Tullahoma and not them, I'm still leery for tomorrow night.

If we are fortunate enough to win tomorrow, Shelbyville is making me weary. I think I would rather us face off against Centennial even though they will be better prepared and ready for revenge. However, I'm just glad we won't have to face Henry County till the next week if they get past Southwind.

Seems to me that a lot of these programs are dominant now with yearly runs in the playoffs supporting success. If we do make it all the way back to the championship game this year, I do think we will be the underdog like the last two years. But, it shows how far we have come!

Tullahoma's defense, and special teams has been there strength. But there offense has been inconsistent. There offensive line is undersized, and when they face teams with size, they have struggled.

Against Shelbyville, they  faced a team with size, and there offense was pathetic. The defense stayed on the field too long and worn down in the second half.

Page should win this game by at least three touchdowns or more, and possible a running  clock. 

Centennial and Shelbyville should be a good game. Shelbyville has a lot of weapons RB Rocky Chandler, and  Robert Bailey are threat to break long runs, and they have some good receivers. Centennial has many weapons as well.

Edited by SouthernTNguy

2 hours ago, SouthernTNguy said:

Tullahoma's defense, and special teams has been there strength. But there offense has been inconsistent. There offensive line is undersized, and when they face teams with size, they have struggled.

Against Shelbyville, they  faced a team with size, and there offense was pathetic. The defense stayed on the field too long and worn down in the second half.

Page should win this game by at least three touchdowns or more, and possible a running  clock. 

Centennial and Shelbyville should be a good game. Shelbyville has a lot of weapons RB Rocky Chandler, and  Robert Bailey are threat to break long runs, and they have some good receivers. Centennial has many weapons as well.

Centennial’s defense been dominant all season. Columbia running back didn’t get over 40 yards rushing last week and he’s better than shelbyville RB. They’re defense even did pretty good against page and Brentwood. If centennial offense can move the ball they are a dominant team all around. QB struggle is their only downfall in my opinion 

18 minutes ago, 0000 said:

Centennial’s defense been dominant all season. Columbia running back didn’t get over 40 yards rushing last week and he’s better than shelbyville RB. They’re defense even did pretty good against page and Brentwood. If centennial offense can move the ball they are a dominant team all around. QB struggle is their only downfall in my opinion 

Centennial will be the best team  Shelbyville  has faced this season.