Jeff Co host Cleveland

1OldPatriot

12 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

I like the Patriots in this one. Might be the only win for Region 1.

Jefferson Patriots will not mercy rule Cleveland Raiders in this game. I guarantee it will not happen. I do not care if they have a player as good as Todd Collins it will not happen on Friday night. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

36 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

Jefferson Patriots will not mercy rule Cleveland Raiders in this game. I guarantee it will not happen. I do not care if they have a player as good as Todd Collins it will not happen on Friday night. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

I can assure you they don’t have anybody close to as good as any of the Collins boys. 

44 minutes ago, StateChampion87 said:

I can assure you they don’t have anybody close to as good as any of the Collins boys. 

I guarantee you they do not have anyone that good on this team. Jefferson Patriots will not mercy rule Cleveland Raiders in this game on Friday. Cleveland Raiders will not mercy rule Jefferson Patriots either. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

1 hour ago, CaptainGuru said:

I guarantee you they do not have anyone that good on this team. Jefferson Patriots will not mercy rule Cleveland Raiders in this game on Friday. Cleveland Raiders will not mercy rule Jefferson Patriots either. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

I might be short on my history between these two, but where am I missing this talk of  "mercy rule"? I didn't see anyone say it or imply that they would. I think if Tygard has Cleveland humming on all eight cylinders and playing hurry up football all 4 qtrs it could be a tough game for Jeff Co defense from a conditioning standpoint. Hard to replicate a practice against that kind of tempo. I like Cleveland by 2 score... might be wrong, but thats my pick 

1 minute ago, Blaze45 said:

I might be short on my history between these two, but where am I missing this talk of  "mercy rule"? I didn't see anyone say it or imply that they would. I think if Tygard has Cleveland humming on all eight cylinders and playing hurry up football all 4 qtrs it could be a tough game for Jeff Co defense from a conditioning standpoint. Hard to replicate a practice against that kind of tempo. I like Cleveland by 2 score... might be wrong, but thats my pick 

I don't know if they are hitting on all 8 cylinders yet. But if they play to their abilities and limit the penalties which is their downfall at this moment, then it'll definitely be interesting. But you are right it is hard to replicate that kind of tempo. Maryville played ball control against the Raiders while Bradley used the fast tempo. Both worked. But Cleveland ball controlled and played the clock until they were forced to throw in the 3rd. Then the wheels came off. Realistically im pleased with Cleveland to getting to the playoffs. That to me was a realistic goal. They knew that it was more than likely Jeff Co but hey it is what it is. Good luck to both teams and may they play injury free.

3 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

There is no one close to that good at Jeff Co , but for every player that has played in Jeff Co since 87 they are forced to live up to that standard.  Maybe one day Jeff Co Daddies will realize , we are not in 87 anymore . 

57 minutes ago, WRESTLERDAD76 said:

There is no one close to that good at Jeff Co , but for every player that has played in Jeff Co since 87 they are forced to live up to that standard.  Maybe one day Jeff Co Daddies will realize , we are not in 87 anymore . 

Not many humans are as good or better than Todd Collins was. Most people understand it. 6’4” 230 lb high schoolers who run 4.6 and vertical over 40” are not found a lot

Edited by 1OldPatriot

2 minutes ago, StateChampion87 said:

I’m just glad they aren’t playing next to the chocolate factory. I do remember JC and Cleveland scrimmaging 2 yrs in a row with the good QB from Cleveland . I think he played at Pitt.

Voytek...and yes that smell at first is sweet. But practice next to it and it becomes nauseating...haha

7 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Not many humans are as good or better than Todd Collins was. Most people understand it. 6’4” 230 lb high schoolers who run 4.6 and vertical over 40” are not found a lot

We had a young man playing running back 2016 season when JC came to Blaze drive in Murfreesboro. They played us a whale of a game until the coaches fed them a steady diet of Master Teague ...5'11 225  4.4  40 ... went on to play RB at Ohio State.... But you are Right... you don't see many gems like that come through a high school program