West Ridge at Bradley Central

alt1958b

On 10/29/2023 at 9:12 AM, 83SouthRebel said:

To say I'm concerned about the direction of West Ridge's football program is a huge understatement. Bradley Central will have no trouble in this game. 

NET 5A & 6A does not have what it takes to consistently get past the Knox County line and I do not see anything changing that in the foreseeable future.       All of us NET fans have to deal with it in our own way, for the last few years I've been pretty much forgetting that the playoffs exist and concentrated on trying to win the region and counting that as a successful season.         So don't be too down on WR, it's just part of the NET curse.      Pulling for you guys this Friday but I can't see you winning unless a widespread case of trypanosomiasis descends on Cleveland TN

18 hours ago, blazer1set said:

NET 5A & 6A does not have what it takes to consistently get past the Knox County line and I do not see anything changing that in the foreseeable future.       All of us NET fans have to deal with it in our own way, for the last few years I've been pretty much forgetting that the playoffs exist and concentrated on trying to win the region and counting that as a successful season.         So don't be too down on WR, it's just part of the NET curse.      Pulling for you guys this Friday but I can't see you winning unless a widespread case of trypanosomiasis descends on Cleveland TN

I agree, the entire area is weak minus Elizabethton and Greeneville. I also realize that West Ridge has had some major injuries but minus year #1 where the team was loaded with seniors, they can't compete with Science Hill and DB and IMHO they should, let alone thinking about competing at state level. I get that it takes a culture change from top to bottom to make a winning program. I'm not gonna harp on coaching since I'm just a fan that puts zero time into the program other than just purchasing season tickets yearly, but the offense, play calling, and fundamentals are lacking. I guess I did harp a little. WR's schedule every year tells me they aren't serious about creating a winning culture. I commend DB and Science Hill for scheduling Knoxville teams. I truly believe that West Ridge is just happy to get to the playoffs and that's it. There isn't a mindset of "let's win them all" or what it takes to even achieve that and yes, I've heard that from people in the program. I think they are good men leading the team but I'm just not sure. When West Ridge first opened, someone on CoachT said they are making West Ridge into South 2.0. Nope, it's Central 2.0. I hope everyone has safe travels and it's an injury free game. I know the bears are "loaded for bear" so to speak.  

1 hour ago, 83SouthRebel said:

I agree, the entire area is weak minus Elizabethton and Greeneville. I also realize that West Ridge has had some major injuries but minus year #1 where the team was loaded with seniors, they can't compete with Science Hill and DB and IMHO they should, let alone thinking about competing at state level. I get that it takes a culture change from top to bottom to make a winning program. I'm not gonna harp on coaching since I'm just a fan that puts zero time into the program other than just purchasing season tickets yearly, but the offense, play calling, and fundamentals are lacking. I guess I did harp a little. WR's schedule every year tells me they aren't serious about creating a winning culture. I commend DB and Science Hill for scheduling Knoxville teams. I truly believe that West Ridge is just happy to get to the playoffs and that's it. There isn't a mindset of "let's win them all" or what it takes to even achieve that and yes, I've heard that from people in the program. I think they are good men leading the team but I'm just not sure. When West Ridge first opened, someone on CoachT said they are making West Ridge into South 2.0. Nope, it's Central 2.0. I hope everyone has safe travels and it's an injury free game. I know the bears are "loaded for bear" so to speak.  

People tend to talk about coaches, Xs and Os, culture and mindsets. Sometimes it is just the genetics of not being athletic. Big doesn’t mean fast or strong, 5’9 dads don’t often produce 6’4 220 pound tight ends. Fastest guy on the team doesn’t mean fast enough for the schedule. I’ve seen WR on line and they resemble my remarks. I watched Greeneville’s Middle school go through their Middle School like a hot knife through soft butter. We were at old South  stadium which is in terrible disrepair. But their team was well coached and disciplined, lots of kids out, and wonderful supportive parents.

Edited by noonesfool

12 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

People tend to talk about coaches, Xs and Os, culture and mindsets. Sometimes it is just the genetics of not being athletic. Big doesn’t mean fast or strong, 5’9 dads don’t often produce 6’4 220 pound tight ends. Fastest guy on the team doesn’t mean fast enough for the schedule. I’ve seen WR on line and they resemble my remarks. I watched Greeneville’s Middle school go through their Middle School like a hot knife through soft butter. We were at old South  stadium which is in terrible disrepair. But their team was well coached and disciplined, lots of kids out, and wonderful supportive parents.

Good observation, in general the DNA in NET 5A/6A just does not compare to DNA in Knox County & beyond.        One possible exception is Science Hill, there are years they have athletes all over the field but for whatever reason can't get it together as a team.       I believe that in a lot of cases the NET 5A/6A guys play as hard as they can but they are outmanned from the start.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Yeah, I'm not in love with the coaches at WR, but the real issue is just a general lack of athleticism. DB and SH out athlete the Wolves and they don't really matchup with the Knoxville teams at all, unfortunately that's not something you can really teach either.

On 10/30/2023 at 1:42 PM, CaptainGuru said:

West Ridge Wolves will not mercy rule Bradley Bears in this game. I guarantee it will not happen. Bradley Bears will mercy rule West Ridge Wolves though in this game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

Hey if captain guru approves of the message then it’s settled and we all know that. It’s a done deal once the guru signs off on it 

14 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

How can WR compete with SH and DB when they're a county school? Not easy for a 6A school